on 2 February 2013
a very useful book whether you're totally new to the whole idea or just looking for further support. I agree with other reviewers - you need to be aware that there is another book with a different title but the same contents but this is still a very good book and my 5 stars is for its useful content. If you want to write and illustrate kids books thten this is valuable (and a lot more up to date than other books out there)
on 5 January 2010
I was really excited to order this book but when I recieved it I realised that it is exactly the same book as I'd previously purchased on amazon called 'The bloomsbury guide to creating ilustrated children's books' identical in every way apart from the front cover and end pages. i think this is really cheeky. Also amazon suggest that you buy the two books together which is just stupid as they're the same book!!!!!
On a plus side if you don't already have the Bloomsbury guide then it is a really good and useful book.
on 4 February 2012
VERY GOOD HANDBOOK, WITH A COMPREHENSIVE OVERVIEW ON WHAT AN ILLUSTRATOR WHO INTENDS TO PRACTICE THIS PROFESSION NEED TO KNOW AND TO DEAL WITH. FROM ART TRICKS TO EDITOR AGREEMENT ISSUES.
I WILL SUGGEST THIS BOOK.
on 3 January 2010
The book is good and informative as hoped, but rather annoying that I also ordered another book at the same time for my research, with a different title and different cover illustration( Bloomsbury.. etc....)only to find it was identical in every detail to this book. A complete waste of time and money...I was on a deadline illustrating and no time to mess about returning things.
on 15 June 2010
This book is the same inside as THE BLOOMSBURY GUIDE TO CREATING AND ILLUSTRATING CHILDRENS' BOOKS By the same authors.Just different titles and covers.
on 22 November 2013
Very useful if you want to write a childrens book. Beautiful book with a lot of good tips. Glad I bought it!
on 21 May 2013
Great book. Studying this lessons i will become a Pro on illustration. Recommend to my friends. Hurra i am happy!
on 29 July 2015
I love this book. Inspiring, straight forward and easy to get into