on 3 April 2017
Great book loved it very insightful
on 11 December 2017
Just what the doctor ordered!!!
on 9 January 2018
Great book on PC theory
on 5 May 2017
very good
on 17 September 2016
Thank you sooo much the product was excellent and sent out striaght away ! 5 Star !!!
on 12 November 2017
Good book for practitioners
on 9 October 2013
I do not think I would have been able to comprehend many of the concepts and ideas of Carl Rogers and Person-Centred Therapy had I not used this book. Mine is highlighted, commented, all bent, because I keep coming to it when I have doubts and when I am writing my theoretical, professional and developmental papers. I just do not believe it they have not released it in Kindle format yet. That is really annoying! If you are training to be a counsellor, do not take long to buy this book. You will not regret it.
on 20 October 2014
I'd like to think there'd been some updates on the final edition, but I was, as ever, conflicted on my views on this type of book. I liked the personal touch, from Brian especially, and how that differs from other counselling text books. I liked too the anecdote about the client whom he loved - and the special, hard to define love between counsellor and client. I approve that PCC allows for physical contact and that in "endings" both authors (how nice they're so different, as they explain) include the possibility that post therapeutic relationships are not frowned on - contrary to what I had been told, but how much nicer for both parties?

However, there were a couple of incidents which stayed with me and surprised me.

One was the counsellor who was far more didactic than I understood Rogerians were, and showed her care for her client by telling him she was "p*ssed off" and exasperated. Not very core conditions from where I'm sitting.

The other was a female therapist who struggled with her lesbian client's feelings for her and had to tell the client of her discomfort. How did this therapist get her wings?! Isn't accepting gay people now required as a practitioner?! and how damaging that therapist could've been to her client.

Neither of these is portrayed as poor therapy.

The examples of skilled answers were good - with responses showing degrees of understanding that didn't do the parrot reflecting back that annoys so many clients.