Top positive review
3 people found this helpful
The arte-facts at your fingertips....
on 16 August 2008
This is a helpful guide that will help you solve the puzzles and find all the artefacts, parcels and other unlockables. It also has a good character list, giving their price (where appropriate) and special skills/powers. It even lists the five special Star Wars cut scenes (at the back) - I had a real shock accidentally wandering into the Mos Eisley cantina and getting a hug of Chewbacca I can tell you !
My top tips for this game are:
1) Save your money until you have completed Story mode, you can then spend it wisely in Freeplay mode. Don't waste your cash on the silly stuff or characters, save it for the "treasure x2", "treasure x4" etc (studs become worth double/quadruple their value etc) or "artefact locator". Most of the characters you will need become available for nothing once you have defeated them or completed their level anyway.
2) The Bazooka Trooper is a useful character - he can blow up silver objects and doors but also has the uniform to get through army checkpoints too.
3) Once you've purchased an extra, it isn't enabled by default (took me a while to sus this !). Once in the game, press Start, then Extras to toggle them on and off
4) Don't waste time struggling to get that high-up or locked up artefact in story mode, you probably won't be able to do it with the standard characters. Remember where it is and go back in Freeplay
5) The treasure bonuses work together i.e. if you enable Treasure x2 and Treasure x4 at the same time you will end up with Treasure x8 and the money (ok studs) fly in!
Overall, it is a comprehensive and useful book though the paper is pretty thin and some of the pictures are a bit small but it does the job well enough. Try not to spoil the fun and use it on your first run-through - save it for the artefacts' and mailboxes on your second go. It's a great game and this will help you get the most from it.