on 25 April 2003
I bought this, as I'm an EQ nut. In fact I've bought all the Prima guides. I think I should have learnt my lesson by now because they're all pretty poor.
This book just regurgitates the same basic information in the other books (starting stats for the races and classes etc). There’s very little information on the new spells and zones. There’s some text from the various quests listed, but not a lot of information on how to complete them. You could argue that it's not the intention of these guides to be "spoilers", but that leaves slim pickings.
You might get some use out of this if you’re totally new to EQ, but anyone who’s at the level where they can get into the planes (50+) will gleam absolutely nothing from this guide!
on 16 September 2003
As someone who wanted to have, at my fingertips, the information on the Planes of Power I was disappointed with this product. It does contain a wealth of information on spells, recipes and maps (non-pop zones) it had little specific information that is useful. There is a distinct lack of maps of the zones and only a smattering regarding any quests there.
My advise. If you already can get into these zones dont bother with it. If you are new to EQ and this is the only guide in the store then it will be useful.
on 11 May 2012
Other reviewers of this book have, I feel, misunderstood its purpose. It is not a standalone book but is a companion volume to EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark. Together, these two books provide an Aladdin's cave of information and advice about EverQuest up to the Planes of Power expansion. This volume is more of a reference source and does not contain colour pictures but there are plenty of drawings. There are lists of spells by vendor, of the spells sold in the Library. I am finding it very useful indeed.Everquest: The Planes of Power - Official Strategy Guide (Prima's Official Strategy Guides)