on 8 July 1999
This is a nice guide, but I recommend the one from Nintendo Power most of all. This one...is OKAY. Strictly OKAY. I recommend it to people who have no idea who "Link" is. It's really a guide for 9-year-olds who don't care about the nook and cranny, only about "killing that mean mean man." I especially liked how the guide went into slight detail on the bosses, but...get the Nintendo Power guide. Really.
on 26 February 2001
This guide is sure the Bee's nee's but hey its so cool!I thought I wouldn't even get past the great Deku Tree and now I am near the end! Honestly If you want to complete it buy it! It even enlights you on every heart piece and golden skuwallta! This is absoulutly phenomimal (If Thats how you spell it!) This is the biggest Zelda fan signing out!
on 16 January 1999
Excellent breakdown of every stage and the location of hearts, skulltulas and so on. I used this book only when I was stuck and couldn't get by something. I bought the game on Christmas Day and it took me less than a month to beat the whole game. I've beaten all Zelda games and I still have the original Zelda and the guide that came out for the original Zelda. I'll be looking for future Zelda's.
on 22 February 1999
Zelda Ocarnia of Time Strategy Guide was confusing sometimes when I was trying to play the game. Eventhough it got me through many other parts I can't seem to get the Boss Key with it for the Fire Temple. The pictures are small and hard to see aposed to the other strategy guides. It also didn't show how to get the Gold Skultas and heart pieces visually. It showed just but a list of where the Gold Skultas are instead of showing where they are from the begining. It was an okay book though trying to tell the reader who to get through the game and beat it. All I can say is that it has some ups and downs through the making. As an overview it was okay and helped me through many parts but on the other hand some parts of the game was through my own instincts.
on 24 June 1999
This strategy guide is NOT by any means bad! I find it impossible to say it is bad! Don't go looking for strategy guides better than it, there are none. It doesn't have every single extra secret in the game, but it has detailed descriptions of every level and also manages to mix in some story and artwork. Though it does have every secret necessary, like the Gold Skulltullas - Nobody can spell it right - it doesn't have much in the way of extras about the history of Zelda, glitches, tricks, etc. For this, I suggest you get another book. However, this does not mean that there are any books BETTER, just that you may need to refer to a different book for additional info. This book is a MUST-HAVE!
on 20 February 1999
If you ever want to get a 'Zelda:Ocarina of Time' strategy guide, get Prima's because it has the complete walkthrough ( very detailed ), the locations of all the Gold Skulltulas and Heart Containers, and much more! This book is totally recommended if you are having trouble to beat the game.
on 12 December 1998
Prima's guide helped me on parts of Zelda that I had literally spent hours trying to find out were to go or what to do. If you don't like help but can't figure out what to do, Prima can give you a small step to help you out without explaning how to do everything.
on 18 April 1999
This is a fun book to read. It is great to read even after you have completed the game. It reveals all the secrets including the upgrades. All Zelda 64 players MUST buy this book. It also includes many great official pics.
on 20 February 1999
i was almost completely in the dark until i got this book, i got it from wal-mart but it's still exactly the same, it covers everything, although there are still a few tricks and secrets you can learn from the internet.
on 11 May 1999
Thi guide, VERY BAD!!!!!!!!! it doesnt explain where to go but just tells you a cheap old story like: Link awakins and goes to the mystical tunnel like duhhhhhhh. This guide is bad very bad. I beg all you people dont buy this guide, it insults link