on 5 December 2011
Does the job. Not being West African, seems like a good starter to the food and culture. Gives a blurb about culture and then goes into general cooking tips and special ingredients you might need. Could be a bit brighter (you'll notice the grey cover) and have more vibrant photos, but they're not bad really. Has things I know like chicken yassa, okra soup, peanut sauce (although not quite as good as Domoda), fufu and akara (bonus!). Would have liked to see tiep bou dien, nebe and ebe, but there are some other dishes in there that I don't know well enough to appeciate. A nice reminder of the sunshine coast :)
on 14 June 2013
I always wanted to taste African food so I sent for this book. I do not regret it, I loved trying out the recipes especially the stew with foo foo. I would recommend it to all the people who enjoy trying out different nations food.
on 1 May 2014
I really like using this book. It is well written and easy to understand. I have used many of the recipes and use it as a reference book for my African cooking.
on 25 March 2015