Customer reviews

on 23 March 2008
Fantastic book, easy to understand recipes and ingredients are generally in the supermarket. I highly recommend this book, even on cold winter evenings or dinner party events.
on 23 March 2011
i mainly wanted this book for the BBQ rubs of which there is about 20 or more.their are so many recipes that you should be able to find something you like or adapt it to your taste.lots of information in this book with regards to using gas and charcoal BBQ.overall a very good book even i learnt something new.and just remember you dont have to just make them outside you can adapt to a grill or oven.has a measurement conversion chart which is almost the same as ours so dont be put of about american sizes.
on 10 April 2011
all you need to BBQ like only the yanks can do . Simple to use and great flavours come forth. the rubbing is a key part but fresh herbs should be used. Tough to find liquid smoke in Mallorca !!
on 17 June 2013
The recipies are fantastic and I have tried out several already but I was disapointed there were no colourful pictures to tempt me, we want more for our fire!
on 17 November 2009
Great cook book arrived on time gives all the information you need for starting out B B Qing great recipes and advice well worth purchase.
on 28 May 2014
The Barbecue Bible by Steven Raichlen has been a great influence on me since I purchased it earlier this year. It's a great book for those wanting to take their BBQ/outdoor cooking skills to the next level. This has taught me that buying cheap beef burgers and sausages and then cooking them in the open grill should really be frowned upon! This covers everything: hot sauces, dry/wet rubs, seasonings, oils, vinegarettes and recepis. There is so much to cover here that I would recommend that you purchase it and study it over the winter months to get you ready and clued up for the spring/summer outdoor cooking. Needless to say you can always adapt to inside on the kitchen oven/grill. I would note that the book and author use American phrases and names for certain things such weight/measurement descriptions and ingredients but there is a glossary to be found at the back which explains the everything and so that you can tell the difference.

I bought this book 2nd hand and I cannot fault the service or condition of the it when it was delivered. Very pleased to have discovered this!
on 2 April 2013
I first bought this for my brother, then my partner got jealous as it's full of useful tips on everything from the tools you should have, and MUST have, marinades, rubs, recipes, tips on buying a bbq, how to light one properly etc. It really is a thick and wonderfully-written book.
on 25 October 2011
This book covers the whole World when it comes to spices, salts, rubs, sauces, preparation techniques and other things related to an amazing bbq/grilling. Steven is a really knowledgable guys when it comes to bbq and food and he shares his expertise and knowledge in this excellent book. A bit of history of the spices and ingredients on top of all the ideas (some more crazy than other, but by just flipping through random pages it makes my mouth water!) makes this a great source of ideas for seasonings for any kind of dishes. Well recommended.
on 4 October 2013
Helpful introduction to sauces, although in the end you look in your cupboard see what is there and concoct something roughly within the ratios shown in the book
on 19 October 2015
I am finding it an excellent reference book to allow me to broaden my bbq horizon. Easy to read and to follow instructions. Would have liked more pictures.