on 14 April 2017
A book for my husband who says he is enjoying reading.
on 18 August 2014
This could possibly be the dullest book ever written about motorcycling. Very little information. Very little useful explanation. Some very basic advice, bulked out with "now go and practice by yourself so you can teach yourself how to do it..." "here's a story about how great my school is", and a few (very dull) anecdotes.
The kindle version is very disjointed; pictures in the wrong places; dull stories in the middle of chapters; "words of wisdom" from (apparently) famous off-road riders and journalists - presumably the quotes from these people are supposed to impress the reader.
The first couple of chapters appear to be aimed at someone who has never even seen a motorcycle before - and are written in the most patronising way imaginable. The later chapters appear to be aimed at people who already know how to do things such as wheelie - and if they can, what's the point of reading a book to find out how? Most annoying is the "try this - we'll tell you how to do it in a later chapter" lines. It wouldn't be so bad if it was actually interesting to read - but it is all just SO DULL !
Here's everything you will find out from this book - Stand up when you ride off road. Lean forward when accelerating and when going up hill. Lean backwards when going down hill. Don't grip the tank with your knees. Stay upright, and lean the bike into the turn when turning at low speed. Lean the bike into the slope when traversing hills, and keep your weight on the footpeg on the downhill side. There... that's it. Save yourself the cost of this dull tome, and the wasted time reading it...
on 27 April 2013
very segmented and sequential with good photo sequences. the book is large-A4 sizish so the pics are easy to understand. altogether a bargain- a high quality resource a a good price. I recommend this book and the shane watts dvd above any other books or dvds
on 8 November 2013
I got the Kindle edition to have on my phone - works very well in this format and you have it with you all the time.

I was about to start teaching someone how to ride a dirtbike, and though I have years of experience riding I had never been taught properly myself. So this helped me check out how other people teach the techniques, and it was a real eye-opener.

This confirmed that I had been doing things the right way mostly, though my technique was off in certain areas.

Highly recommended for new riders, for someone about to try and teach a new rider, and just as a general refresher course.
on 9 February 2015
Some sections contain very odd advice. Luckily I have since taken proper tuiton and not relied upon this book.
on 3 November 2014
Great reading! Good pictures.