Customer reviews

on 17 April 2012
Every so often a book / book cover grabs my attention and I dive in for a better look. If you watch the Pixar 'Cars' DVD there is an extra on it where the writers / producers reflect on the impact the Route 66 had across America as it carved it way through State after State from Chicago to California. This book is a lovely examination of the small towns and rural communities that unfortunately declined and suffered as a result of the new Highway and there are some very poignant photos to accompany the words. As a coffee table book it's well worth the cover price and like the Highway it will tempt you back again and again. Get your kicks on Route 66!
on 11 May 2013
I did Route 66 with my son a couple of years back and thought this would be a nice book to have - photo's are good but a few important sites left out in my opinion - perhaps I was expecting too much of it.

Nice to have but not in any way close to a definative guide.
on 24 January 2014
Bought this book for my mam for Christmas and I got a surprise at the size of the book for the price 'its a big book'. My mam loves it. I would defiantly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the longest road in the USA. If you are not interested this book is an eye opener.
on 11 February 2012
Fantic book with some very emotive photographs and words, very nicely bound. Some of the photographs are on the small side but overall it makes you realise how such a great road has lost its former glory .Ghost Towns of Route 66
on 12 September 2013
Well laid out with lots of information including how to find each Ghost Town
If you want to visit Rute66 Ghost towns this is for you
on 27 December 2011
Arrived on time and in excellent condition. This book was used as a travel book for a trip on route 66 during the Autumn and proved to be very useful. It is well written and illustrated.
on 9 March 2014
I got what I expected, well written and great images describing the best "ghost" places along the route. I recommend for everyone that enjoys abandoned environments.
on 6 April 2012
I found this book quite interesting. It provided valuable background information on the various communities that have slowly died since the majority of Route 66 has been by-passed and is no longer used. The text was backed up by some excellent photographs, I only wish, as a 'car nut' that we would have seen more of the abandoned cars that must exist in such communities.
on 14 July 2015
Superb book, this is a pick up and read anytime book, a nice read.
on 12 June 2016
Bought for friends who motorcycled Route 66 and they loved it.