on 8 June 2016
I really enjoyed this book. The first story by Shelly Laurenston was ace, LOVED IT!!! I could re-read that again and again it was that good. However, the other stories let the book down. This is why i have reviewed the book as a four and not a five star. I could not give the other stories a five. if anything they were at a three at most, but i loved the first book so much i had to give it a four overall.
on 26 December 2011
This is a great book with quite a few fun and entertaining stories. My own favourite was Shelly Laurenstons story, which is actually a backgroung story to her Dragon Kin series written under her other writing name G.A Aiken.

The stories are romantic, fun and laugh out loud funny and well worth the money for some light and enjoyable entertainment.
I only really picked up this anthology for the Dragon Kin story by Shelly Laurenston (aka G.A. Aiken) but I thought I'd give the other stories a chance and I'm glad I read them all. Spellbound and Turn Me On were both enjoyable stories and it was nice to be able to try out a couple of new authors. Can't Get Enough was definitely my favourite story of the bunch though and I think this anthology is worth picking up for that alone if you're a fan of the Dragon Kin series.

Can't Get Enough by Shelly Laurenston (aka G.A. Aiken) - 4 stars

Having already read Dragon Actually (and the novella included in that book Chains and Flames), I had already met both of the main characters from Can't Get Enough. In fact Ailean and Shalin are the grandparents of Fearghus and I was quite curious to see how they'd met and fallen in love considering how different their personalities are. I knew immediately that I was going to love Ailean, he's a complete player and absolutely unapologetic about that fact. He's the kind of guy who has always known what he wants and happily goes out to get it but when he falls he falls hard and he now only has eyes for Shalin. Shalin is much shyer and more reserved, all she ever wanted was to be left alone with her books to get on with her studies but Ailean is a temptation she can't ignore no matter how much trouble he might get her in.

As much as I enjoyed the relationship between Ailean and Shalin (and that was a lot!) I think what I enjoyed most about this story was Ailean's crazy family. He's from a large and boisterous family where everyone has an opinion and they all think they have the right to interfere in each others lives and I just love that. I'm from a small family myself so I love seeing that interaction and close connection that the dragons all have. It is hilarious seeing the family squabble and tease each other but when it comes down to it they have such a strong bond and will always unite together against anyone who crosses them. They're quite a bloodthirsty bunch too so I'm hoping we get to see them causing plenty of trouble throughout the Dragon Kin series.

Spellbound by Cynthia Eden - 3.5 stars

Serena and her coven are being targeted, her friends are being picked off one by one by a warlock who is trying to steal their powers and she's getting desperate. Desperate enough to call for help from a Cazador - a powerful soul stealer whose duty is to protect the world from supernaturals who use dark magic - but she knows that help will come at a price. Luis isn't happy when Serena summons him but when he discovers the situation she is in he knows he has to help her, it doesn't hurt that he finds the witch incredibly sexy either.

These two had great chemistry from the beginning so although their relationship moves quite quickly I didn't have a problem with it. I enjoyed seeing them fight together as they hunted Serena's enemy and I thought they suited each other. This was a quick and fun read and I wouldn't mind revisiting the characters in the future.

Turn Me On by Noelle Mack - 3 stars

Turn Me On is a difficult story to review, in some ways I really loved it but in others I felt a little let down. I liked the main characters and enjoyed the interaction between them and I absolutely loved finding out more about Justin's past and where he came from however I think there were far too many unanswered questions and it was hard to accept how quickly Beth believed everything he told her. Towards the end the story took a turn into the completely ridiculous and we didn't get a full explanation on how things happened or why Justin did what he did. It just didn't make sense to me and that made it hard to believe the way their relationship moved forward from that point.

This story really did have so much potential though and I think if it had been a full length novel with a little more depth and background then I would have absolutely loved it. I don't believe that this is part of a series but if the authors revisited these characters or this world then I'd be very tempted to give it her another chance to win me over.
on 1 October 2008
This collection of short stories contains three very different tales, each with their own charm.

'Can't Get Enough' by Shelly Laurenston follows the playboy dragon Ailean who's always getting in trouble, usually at the hands of a woman. When he has to take responsibility for Shalin the Innocent, a quiet dragoness, he discovers that there's more to Shalin than the other dragons think. As he teaches her how to live with humans, and that horses and puppies aren't dragon food but are pets, he begins to discover what's important and what's worth fighting over. This story was the longest of the three, taking up about half the book, and although original in its ideas I found it slightly lacking in other ways, but it was a decent read.

'Spellbound' by Cynthia Eden had a storyline which was slightly familiar but still enjoyable. Serena is a witch and in order to protect her coven from a warlock who is attempting to bind them decides to summon a special kind of demon, a cazalone, who is extremely powerful and can hopefully defeat the warlock. Unfortunately the demon that she summons, Luis D'Amil, isn't too keen about being wrenched from another job - and he's less keen when he realises how attracted he is to Serena. The two have to work together to track down the Warlock - but Serena's opinions of assassins like the Soul-Hunter might begin to change. This was a good read with both hero and heroine being well written and with good pacing.

'Turn Me On' by Noelle Mack was the shortest of the three stories and, although enjoyable, I found the pacing a bit odd. Beth Danforth goes for a job interview at SpectraSign and finds the new CEO, Justin Watts, a very attractive man. However when their working relationship moves to something more personal she finds out Justin's not quite what she originally thought. Can a being of light and a human woman be together without some of his energy rubbing off on her? This story moved in odd leaps occasionally where a couple of weeks had suddenly passed, and it wasn't very easy to get to grips with how Beth thought. Justin was written in a rather childlike manner and I felt some disbelief that he could be a successful CEO. I also felt the ending didn't entirely wrap things up as I wasn't too sure about the resolution of some of Beth's issues. Still, this story was a reasonable read and an original plotline.

Originally published for Curled Up With A Good Book © Helen Hancox 2008
on 14 April 2014
The only story worth reading was the Shelley Laurensten because it was part of the Dragon series. Otherwise it was rubbish, good job it was a cheap book.