Customer reviews

Captivated
Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 September 2000
Excellent four stories from top bestselling authors: 1. Ecstasy (B. Small) - Ms Small took us back to the barbarian world of slavery. Price of Aramis was batrayed by his twin brother and sold into slavery and brought to the female kingdom as a gift to the irresistible and wicked queen Kelida. 2. Bound and Determined (S. Johnson) - The Marquis of Crewe was kidnapped by the Princess Marko as a stud to her kingdom. 3. Dark Desire (T. Devine) - Drue Caledon was forced to marry a man she hated but found herself couldn't resisted her husband's seduction. 4. A Lady's Pleasure (R. Schone) - One night stand between Lady Abigail Wynfied and an army Colonel turned into so much more.
on 7 May 2001
I bought this book because of Robin Schones story. I have read the lover and The lady's tutor and had to find all her other books. I wasn't disapointed. I not only got Robin's story ( A lady's pleasure) which was brilliant you get 3 more of the most erotic stories I have ever read. I loved Dark Desire (Thea Devine). I loved the way Drue was forced to stay completely naked for her husband everywhere she went. He would keep her like that till she obeyed him. He used aparatus which would expose her to him in the most provocative manner you can imagine.
The other 3 stories though not quite as erotic as this one are red hot and will still have you running for a very cold shower just to cool off.
on 12 September 2000
This is a combined effort by the queens of the erotic romances. The stories were so HOT and erotic that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Each stories has the right combination to keep the readers enthralled and the authors' talented were so well complementing to each other! This is the best anthologies I have ever read!
on 18 May 2003
Found this to be a bit, well, samey. The stories were good, but didn't really grab my attention, to the extent that I can't remember them - one was about a secret, magical society ruled by women - which was actually quite steamy, now that I think about it. The other one that I remember was the last one, by Robin Schone, which was the best of the lot for me - made my heart ache - was very sad, but also very sexy.
I was going to give this 3 stars, but for the last story. I guess it was a good introduction - hadn't read any Robin Schone before, but am going to have a look out for her name when I'm next browsing.
on 23 July 2009
I bought it only for Robin Schone's story and i wasn't disappointed at all.
on 2 September 2001
Of the 4 stories in this compendium the only one I rate is Robin Scone's which is so good it's worth buying the book for that alone. Susan Johnson who I usually like seems to me to have tried to cram what should have been a full length novel into a short story and it doesn't work, although her love(sex?) scenes as always are good. Beatrice Small's story: Just plain silly. Couldn't give a hoot about any of the characters. Thea Devine's offering: What is it doing in an anthology of romantic stories? There is nothing romantic about it. Court is a deviant who deserves to be locked up in my opinion. How on earth does he expect to make Drue love him and want him by humiliating her? This isn't the world I inhabit.