on 10 March 2015
My 8 years old son's reading level has gone up 2.5 levels in 2 months since buying hime these books!!! The only books I have bought him that he will voluntarily sit and read himself with no prompting. He takes them to school too as a 'Reference Guide' for their playground games. Only downside is that there aren't more Star Wars titles available! I have bought them all.

Reasonably well written, great illustrations and lots of interesting facts to keep reluctant readers engaged and stop from them from feeling overwhelmed and / or quickly bored.
VINE VOICEon 10 March 2015
My Son, as a huge reader and Star Wars fan, has read his way through so many of these... again and again. The engagement is excellent, the reading levels are not comparable with UK standards however, grade lower in my opinion but he has worked his way through them all but still goes back, almost in reference it would seem.

Very well written, excellent presentation and highly engaging - just what you want for a young reader.
on 30 September 2013
This is a fantastic series of books which my son first found at the library. Really great. The levels don't relate to anything at school in the UK. Levels 1 and 2 are fairly easy, but the "Star Wars" specific vocabulary is tricky at whichever level you go for. Would need to be pretty proficient to tackle levels 2 and 3. In the UK, I'd suggest at least year 2 for an average attaining child to read levels 1 and 2 with relative ease.
2 people found this helpful
Grandson loves this series
on 26 June 2013
My son is a good reader - at the very top of his age range. He reads independently and is a big Star Wars fan. There was so much technical language in this that it made it hard going. He enjoys looking at the book but all the names etc make it a less enjoyable read.
on 12 January 2015
Beautifully laid out, easy to read with lots of great pictures to keep new readers engaged. My 8 year old son who is a stars wars fanatic reads these books unprompted and willingly - first time ever!
on 14 February 2014
My son absolutely loves this kindle book and practically reads it every day! The only thing I think wrong with the illustrated kindle books is that the font is always tiny, I have to get a magnifying glass to read the odd word my son can't read. Although a level 4 book, my son reads this himself with ease. Well worth the money.
on 15 May 2013
Downloaded this book for my son, aged 6. I got the age group all wrong with DK Reader Level 4 books and the writing was too advance for his reading level. A guide to the DK reading levels would have useful. However, my son did enjoy this book and the picture were clear on our tablet.

Next time I will download the right level. Any Star Wars fan will appreciate these facts about the Dark Side!
on 29 January 2018
My son loves this
on 23 September 2016
This is not an eBook it's merely the paper back that has been scanned into digital format, the pages don't turn properly and when you zoom in the text becomes blurred. Absolute load of rubbish. What a disappointment.