Customer reviews

on 26 October 2012
As a mature person I bought this book as I am 'geographically challenged' and thought it was time I got the world into prospective. Also I do quizzes and crosswords and thought it would help with those. What a super book - lots of information about each country and clearly set out and illustrated. I can't believe the price! Even my husband has browsed the book. We leave it on the coffee table to dip in and out of in a free moment.
on 23 March 2017
Nice and informative book for children in the first place, but also interesting for anyone else interested. Recommended.
on 5 December 2017
Nice book , but didn't achieve my expectations for its Title.
on 15 May 2001
This book is a delight to use. The pictures are clear and relevant, and the text is just enough without being over-powering. The judge of a good reference book is whether children can use it as well as adults, and as with all Dorling Kindersley reference books, they have made this book appeal to both.
It is a delight to watch a child realise that they have found what they are looking for, and that they now understand. Likewise, it is good that an adult can also pick up the book and browse, learning from the wonderful pictures and text.
This is a definate MUST HAVE for homework for its ease of use and content.
on 10 October 2016
It gives you so much knowledge so I would give this 5 stars
on 14 September 2016
Decent quality
on 16 September 2011
You'll come across as a far more cultured, sophisticated and suave individual when you learn the facts this book has to offer. You might even notice your performance on quiz shows increases. Benefits to the max, my friends.