on 6 May 2004
The minute I got this book I used it to adjust my gears and clean my headset. I do lots of cycling but I'm not too good at some of the more complex repairs - this book is 10 times better than any other bike maintenance book I've seen. It contains everything you need to know, whether you are an occasional weekend cyclist or a hardened racer. It covers all types of bikes from road bikes to mountain bikes and children's bmx's. It is packed with easy to read information on how all the parts of a bike work, how to clean, maintain and repair them. Every page contains easy to follow explanations - all accompanied by very clear pictures. It covers every level of expertise from fixing a puncture and changing a brake cable to truing a wheel and repairing suspension forks. I cannot imagine how I ever lived without it.
0Comment| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 2 June 2011
An excellent wee book with loads of "how to" photos -one of my requirements when I'm a dumbo at doing basic repairs up to more complex bike strip downs. It is well written and is in a handy A5 size. Good value. I have seen other bike books around and I think this is the best I for me for the level of work I will do on my road bike and mountain bike
on 27 May 2009
This is a good reference book, I'm using it to avoid paying the extortinate servicing fees the big cycle shops charge for simple servicing of my bike.
The troubleshooting guide could be a little bit more detailed though.
on 3 January 2005
Full of practical advice, clearly presented and above all memorable. Got stuck out on the trail recently, but remembered some of the tips gleaned from this book, and ended up being able to contunue back home. Invaluable!
on 29 September 2004
Spectacularly unhelpful maintenance manual. Inadequate textual deacription....pictures too small or unhelpful....terms and parts not described or explained....too much assumed knowledge....omits several important basic tasks. Surprising but sadly true as Sidwell's "Bike Book" is great.
on 11 October 2009
Not as detailed as I had hoped. Good Guide for the beginner cvclist. I had hoped I was buying the "Haynes Manual" for cyclists. But not to be.
on 21 June 2016
Still find myself referring to this regardless of the Youtube videos available. Can't fault it or the price paid
on 13 August 2010
This book title says "Repair Manual", you would expect it to show how to replace brake blocks, which is the main reason I bought the book.

It doesn't, it shows how to adjust them, not very helpfully to be honest, but no mention of how to replace them at all.

I wish I'd paid the bit extra and got the Haynes Manual now because this book isn't much help at all.
on 7 December 2015
Accurate description, arrived promptly. Thanks!
on 10 June 2015
wouldn't be without it, good manual