Customer reviews

on 27 March 2008
I picked this up in Waterstones, read the first few pages and thought I'd try it, but didn't expect too much because of the rather fey cover. Too my surprise, I couldn't put it down and read both the novels comprising this book right through as fast as I could to find out what happened next. Not only is the plotting good, but so is the characterisation and invention. I'm a sf and fantasy fan from way way back, but Tanya Huff was a new author to me - now I'm definitely looking for more by her.
on 4 September 2009
First encounter with Tanya Huff. I really enjoyed reading these two books in one. the way she entangles magic with music is brilliant. (same as the Bardic Voices of Mercedes Lackey, my favourite author). I couldn't wait to read the other 2 Quarters novels and loved them also. Now I am looking for more great reads by this author.