Customer reviews

Royal Street
Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 29 April 2014
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This seems like it will be a series with limitless potential! It's a very fast moving book, with tons of great characters, having much more scope for development than most supernatural stories these days. I felt a connection to this imagined world and the story absolutely rocked. I was attracted to the 'southern' aspect because of True Blood and this - although in no way similar story wise - has a cool feel just like that did. I don't want to give anything away with regards to the plot but I urge you to give it a try. The characters are believable and complex, just as you would want from a potential series.
VINE VOICEon 15 May 2014
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There is plenty of spice here! The heroine has the compulsory feisty nature. Her magical powers are usefully and interestingly limited. The background of the Hurricane Katrina aftermath is genuinely interesting too. The magical conflict seems to be a bit lame in contrast. Herein lies the difficulty, one that personally I didnt really mind. The undead pirate captain and various other denizens of Old Orleans just don't seem real compared to the actuality of a hurricane and broken levees.

I certainly want to read the next book in the series - and I'm not even a teenage girl!
VINE VOICEon 18 November 2014
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The book is the world building first book for DJ - Drusilla Jaco; a Junior Wizard who is the Assistant Sentinal covering New Orleans. The story is set to the backdrop of Hurricane Katrina and the destruction that it wrecked on the city and it's inhabitants. It is definitely for those who love fantasy books enjoying ones mixing magical genres. Well paced DJ felt quite real and unpolished which suited the story arc that she found herself on. Lots was resolved, even more was left unresolved for the next books in the series.
on 18 October 2014
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I enjoyed this book. The alternate world in which Drusilla Jaco moves about her wizardly business is like our own mundane existence with this one difference; magic is a real and potent force and there are Sentinels tasked with policing the borders between mundanity and the Beyond.
We have a coming of professional age tale, a blossoming of magical ability story. And it's a good one.

Good enough for me to want to read "River Road" the next tale of the exploits of Drusilla Jaco.
VINE VOICEon 17 April 2014
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
to get my teeth into. i love this kind of book and will be picking up the rest of the series. strong characters you can like and plots and intrigue you can get your teeth into. i have finished the morganville books and was looking for a new series interesting enough to take its place, this is it ,and the series can go anywhere, so hopefully there are many more to come
VINE VOICEon 18 May 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I found the mix beween the real world of the hit of hurricane katrina & the otherworld gave this novel a very real feel, especially with the news announcements at the beginning of each chapter. It was a bit slow at times but the strong characters kept me reading..I'm glad I did because the ending is a real page turner & made me eager to read the next book.
VINE VOICEon 30 October 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really enjoyed this series. I'm a lover of Vampire novels and found this series a brilliant move over. There's sexual heat and supernatural entities to satisfy most.

The main character is a female wizard who is likable and I enjoyed the journey she goes on. I was desperate to read the next book.
VINE VOICEon 6 June 2014
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I loved this book. I felt although it was a first book it was very well thought out in fact it was so good that I have already ordered and read the next two books in the series and am looking forward to anymore she writes.
VINE VOICEon 1 October 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It was obvious this was the first book in a series as the first third of the story was about getting to know the characters but once the story took off it was a great read. Adventure, romance, great characters and an amazing setting in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. A very enjoyable story and I'll look out for further instalments.
VINE VOICEon 16 May 2013
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
loved it had it read in just two days and can not wait for more.this is the second book in the series roll on the third