on 30 May 2014
Halfway through I had second thoughts about having purchased this book (read all the other ones in the series) sitnce the main characters are not involved in any action but are set in more discoursive situations. Interesting though because you get to know them better and change your opinion about parts of their personalities. Anyway, there is plenty of naval action in the second half and a very descriptive journey in foreign countries. In the end I really liked it. Awaiting the next one!
4 people found this helpful
on 23 March 2017
This book, along with the others of the series have give a great deal of pleasure. Seth Hunter`s fine mixture of fact and fiction has kept me hungry to read on all the way through. So many thanks for your efforts and these wonderful stories.

Hugh C
on 4 April 2014
I liked the two previous books so waited for this one with enthousiasm. I was completely disappointed. Our hero has a secret mission which he defaults on due to hopes of capturing a frigate with the view to more prize money. After that it all goes downhill.
A third of the book is taken up with the heroine who is under the idea he has married someone else. Of course we know all will come right in the end, or the series would finish.
on 17 November 2014
This series was only supposed to be a trilogy, and we are delighted that it is popular enough to have reached six books. The plot is well crafted, as Nathan Peake follows the trail of a real Royal Navy Lieutenant. And it then goes on to include the Bombay Marine, which was the naval branch of the Honorable East India Company. We have found a few other novels about them, but they are few and far between, so this was refreshing.
on 14 June 2018
Good read
on 23 June 2014
I have read all the books in the Nathan Peake series so far and none have disappointed. The characters are engaging, the action exciting and the background nicely researched. Looking forward to the next adventure.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 March 2014
What a series of books I got really engrossed in them. I found it very hard to put down my kindle fire,hats off to the Author this series of books where we'll written and kept me enthralled from beginning to the end.
on 30 May 2014
Another brilliant book,I hope this is not the last we see of Nathaniel Peake and that the next episode will be as riveting
on 28 July 2016
Awful read. Full of padded out dialect and little action. Not to be recommended.
Not Hunters usual standard. A total disaster.
on 22 July 2017
Seth Hunter writes well and in enjoyable to read.