Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 October 2012
I have always been a fan of Tulisa and wanted to find out more about her in her autobiography. After downloading the sample onto my Kindle I wanted to read on so it wasn't long until I bought it. True to the title, I believe Tulisa has shown her integrity and honesty in writing this book to tell people the truth about her life.
She shares of details how her diffucult childhood and coping with her mother's mental health disorder, and what it was like to be part of a 'gang' and the things she was exposed to at a young age.
The reader learns about the rivalries and the ups and downs of being part of a band with two lads!
Then she mentions her time on the X-factor and, as a reader, you realise how much her life has changed for the better and that things are looking up for Tulisa, especially starting out in her Solo career.
Overall a good insight, keeps you wanting to read on and that life as a celebrity is not always glamourous but alot of hard work involved in it too.
on 17 October 2012
This autobiography sure does live up to its title...once i started reading i could not put it down. Not only honest but emotional and funny there were times i wanted to cry for her, times where i wanted to mother her and times i couldn't stop laughing she's a great girl who's had a bad start in life and made alot of mistakes which she's quite clearly learned from.

She's been through soo much and she's still young, through out the book you will see that. I would advise anyone who reads this reads with a open mind and not pre judgements from media stories, i can see how it is easy too misunderstand tulisa, some people may think she's over confident but after reading this book and watching her in a interview talk about it you can see she is just surprised but grateful she's made it this far. I admire her strength and hard work and wish her nothing but goodluck.
on 29 April 2013
I was astounded by Tulisa's honesty in this book, it gave me a real insight into how T became the person she is today. I really enjoyed reading about how she went from being a cheeky teenager who was often up to mischeif to becoming the amazing, successfull woman she is today. There were some moments where I laughed out loud and others where I wanted to cry; it's a really gripping book. As well as reading about her life, I also enjoyed learning about how Ndubz came about right up until their split. This book is a real page turner - I would recommend it to anyone but they're some adult themes that run consistantly through the book, therefore not it wouldn't be suitable for everyone.
I feel like this book should only be given four stars but I find it difficult to give autobiographies less than five stars. After all the author is telling you their life story and opening themselves up to you, you spend time reading about them from birth up to whatever point the book ends and that's why I find it hard to rate them low.

The book is a short read, and had I had the time probably could have read it in one day. That's not to say the content isn't good, the book lives up to its title as it is very 'Honest', but Tulisa herself is known for her honesty and she doesn't hold back (much) in this book.

I, probably like a lot of people, knew about Tulisa but didn't really pay attention to her until her judging role on X Factor. As a massive Cheryl Cole fan I was very much of the opinion that nobody could replace her, especially not Tulisa. But how wrong I was, I fell in love with Tulisa from the very first episode of X Factor and rooted for her and Little Mix from the very first live show also. Unfortunately even she is not enough to make me watch X Factor this year but that's going off topic a bit.

A lot of the information in this book probably wouldn't be new to anyone who has followed Tulisa throughout her career or any big N-Dubz fans but for fans new to her, or anyone who just wants to read about it, it is a great read full of sad stories but also plenty of funny ones.

Unlike a lot of celebrity biographies this isn't written to cash in on her success. She certainly doesn't need the money and I feel this book was just a way for Tulisa to get her story out there. After all the BS she has to read about in the press it must be nice to put across your side, the truth, for your fans and also for the people that don't like her very much. Overall a fantastic read, if a little bit short.
on 4 October 2012
I really did not enjoy this book which is disappointing as the reviews have all been relatively good.

However i found the whole thing to be a very arrogant and boasting account of her bad behaviour and in some cases illegal behaviour, she never really takes any responsibility for stealing peoples handbags or being involved in violence, it is all other peoples.

I wouldn't waste your time reading it, unless you have a high patience level for rubbish or a massive fan.
on 9 November 2012
I have actually forgotten about the book, I've read around half of it but it hasn't kept me wanting to read more. It's very much just Tulisa saying how bad her life was and her on off relationships with 100 men! YAWN!
on 28 September 2012
I recommend this for everyone, its over 300 pages and has some deep emotions inside it, i've been reading for hours and hours without stop. its really amazing how shes's been soo HONEST admitting to everything. i love Tulisa i think she's a strong women who's had it tough in the past.
on 15 February 2014
Good read & very honest.
Could have detailed her X factor & recent fame experience more as a lot was said about her childhood, however I imagine her next book will have all that in.
Read quickly as it was good & easy to read.
Recommend to all!
on 23 August 2013
i have read this so many times since i recieved it. this womans story is incredible if people took the time out to read it they would realise she isnt as bad as she seems and all she is trying to do is ge by but made some wrong choies long the way.
on 9 November 2013
Much better book than I expected. Very honest. Tulisa done really well for herself considering her hard up bringing. Would recommend