on 17 April 2013
I liked the family history going back five generations at the beginning of the book. We have two brothers, one a baker and the other a butcher, complimenting each other. The resultant recipes are substantial but, as they say "This is a man's book". There are a lot of pictures that don't give any information on the bakery products but I found it a good read, helpful and value for money.
on 23 January 2015
My mum had a copy of this book and after thumbing through it decided that it was an excellent book for my bread baking shelf. Lots of lovely recipes , I'm going to have a go at the Ox cheek stew which actually made my mouth water.
on 4 March 2013
This was a gift for my brother-in-law so my review is not based on personal experience. However, I can say that he and his family have thoroughly enjoyed making the recipes - they even had a bread baking contest so in my eyes it was a great gift.
on 19 March 2012
This is a great book, nicely presented with plenty of recipes for all types of bread. I haven't bought any ready made supermarket 'stodge' since I bought this book. My husband is so taken with home-made bread, he won't eat anything else. Looking forward to the next series and following book.
on 7 August 2013
Good value for money, great book for anyone wanting to bake their own bread. Good range of recipes and easy to follow instructions. Will be getting more Baker Brothers Books in the future.
on 8 February 2012
The book is so light on recipes that once you have read it you remember it - it's as though you knew it all before. I learnt something from this book (and now it's all in my head) and have given it to my son
2 people found this helpful
on 30 December 2013
Accompanies the TV series and has many good, simple recipes with clear instructions. It is probably easier to go and buy their bread, though, and save yourself the hard work!
on 8 July 2013
When I ordered the book on 23rd June it was in stock but it was not sent out till the 2nd July but worth the wait .Well laid out and easy to follow recipes.Their Hiker Bars are simple to make and very tasty.Everyone that tried them loved every bite.
on 16 March 2012
This is a superb cook book - wonderful recipes that work they are easy to follow and good variety of recipes to choose from,the book has been beautifully put together - love it well worth the purchase in my opinion.
on 20 April 2013
I have enjoyed both series' of the baker brothers. and this book appealed to me more as nearly all the dishes in the show i would eat!!
Every recipe is in there from s2 as well as the pie off form the first plus others.
great quality book cant wait to start creating the dishes
3 people found this helpful