VINE VOICEon 29 June 2017
Written by a real expert (his biog at the back of the book) and a history and description of 101 whiskies (includes blended).
In alphabetical order, this is not 101 best whiskies but 101 whiskies being suggested as worthy of being brought to your attention. I've been trying different brands since being reborn 2 years ago as a whisky drinker after 40 years of abstinence, and hardly any of the bottles I've tried have made it into this list! My experience has been variable - finding some that are favourites and some I will give a miss to.
Each whisky is described by its nose and its taste - from what I can tell, Ian is avoiding the heavily peat-smokey ones (which I find too overpowering) so I may be using this each time I consider a new purchase. Anyway, you don't have to take this seriously - it's a treasure read for the aficionado and will make an ideal stocking filler if you know someone like that. I paid £4 for my copy and it's a bargain.
on 30 September 2016
A wonderful book full of information and humour. Ian certainly knows what he is talking about!
on 26 May 2017
Does the job.
on 10 July 2017
Fast delivery. Nice little present.
on 19 October 2016
More overseas whiskys than I would like and too many age types of the same distillery.
on 2 June 2017
Just what I needed, no problems.
on 25 June 2017
Nice small book full of useful info for Wiskey lovers 😀👍🏻
on 11 July 2017
Bought as a present, well received.
on 31 July 2017
Fantastic little book! Lots of detail and very informative.
on 13 July 2017