on 20 July 2014
Most enjoyable telling of the escapades of Cato and Macro and also revealing how dangerous Rome could be for the imperial family. I remember the excellent tv series I Claudius so could relate to the problems. Can't wait for the next book. Definitely recommend the books and Graves tv series.
on 29 November 2013
Another excellent book by Simon Scarrow who continues to make the principle characters come to life. The legion series is highly recommended.
on 23 February 2013
This book kept my husband occupied throughout our recent holiday, you can't get a better recommendation than that! It did not weigh too much in the luggage either.
on 17 November 2014
I've appreciate this series because heroes' adventures are so sensibly embedded in the real history. I find it invigorating to begin my own search of the area to find out as many details connected with every story as possible. This time Simon has taken me to Rome (that cloak and dagger stuff to Macro), and the results have been splendid. I could have a look at this place again but this time virtually using old maps and bringing back my visit there. And strangely enough there is no chance not to identify with heros and their dilemmas. A chunk of good reading and zone outs :))) Thanks and I've been reading The Blood Crows by the way.
on 5 December 2013
It is so good. Dont leave the book half way through because it doesnt make sense it will later on in the book. Is well written and has a great storyline. Really great overall and i dont see how you could not give it five stars.
on 17 December 2013
I am here to praise Simon Scarrow, not to bury him. Ripping yarn - and good reading for us girlies too
on 13 January 2013
Scarrow never disappoints. A reliable good read, a bit of escapism but rooted in good history. Fast and furious fun.
on 8 November 2012
Another very good storyline and again keeps the interest going until the end.another one to pass to my daughter !
on 4 February 2013
This is an exciting historial novel. It keeps you reading to the last page. He writes great novels. Love it.
on 21 October 2013
The 11th great yarn in the series - now waiting for No 12
Not classical literature but good fun and easy reading