Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 June 2006
'HOW TO SLEEP WITH A MOVIE STAR' has all the right ingredients to make it a modern day Cinderella story. The very handsome and exceedingly nice movie star and the cute, up and coming magazine editor who meet at an interview and are immediately drawn to each other. I thought that I was going to love this book when about fifty pages into it, movie star Cole Brannon and journalist Claire Riley first meet and the sparks begin to fly. However, the book took a turn that I wasn't quite expecting, Claire began to push this gorgeous and very sweet movie star away (who in real life would do that???) and her self-esteem seemed to get lower and lower as the book went on. Claire seemed to make a lot of irrational decisions, such as wanting to take back her cheating boyfriend just days after catching him in the act when all the while Cole was clearly pining for her, for no apparent reason. Also there wasn't a whole lot of Cole Brannon in this book, a character that I, for one, really enjoyed.

'HOW TO SLEEP WITH A MOVIE STAR's heart was definitely in the right place but unfortunately it didn't come together in the way that I had hoped. The ending was good, Cole Brannon was a gem, and Claire's best friend Wendy was the kind of friend we all wish we had but the "Cinderella story" I was looking for wasn't quite there. Overall this book gets 3 1/2 stars.
on 6 March 2007
This book was a fanatastic read, I couldnt put it down! Its addictively good and once you start reading it you just want to turn every page so that you find out what happens! Definitely one to recommend.
on 18 March 2009
I don't usually go for romantic chick lit, but I really liked this novel. The main character is very likable and I loved how the plot develops, I kept wondering what all the various nefarious characters were plotting and how Claire would make everything right. There is some serious cheese going on with some of the romance stuff (but as I said, that thing isn't usually my cup of tea). This novel is very witty too and I look forward to reading Harmel's other novels. Recommended beach and bath read.
on 26 February 2007
Amazing book . . . I fell in love with the movie star Cole Brannon, and I couldn't put this down. It was like a cinderela story with a loveable main character and an absolutely delicious movie star. I read it all in one sitting. I couldn't put it down. My husband thought i was crazy -- I laughed and I cried and I rooted for Claire until the end. There's a great twist in the plot too.
on 25 June 2007
onve i got started with this book i couldnt put it and it held your attention. fairly familar story with some funny moments thrown in (sorry bad joke). if you enjoyed this one i would totally recommend everyone worth knowing by lauren weisberger
on 30 May 2007
I couldn't put this down, I got so gripped by it I thought I was in the story. Cole Brannon is a dream guy. If you love everything to do with celebs and gossip, then this is the book for you. Go on, get it now !!!!
on 20 June 2012
this story is sweet, fun, cute and funny too- i really enjoyed reading it- and - i look forward to reading more from Kristin Harmel.
on 5 July 2007
As I was reading I kept waiting for some more romance between the leading roles but I waited in vane. Some chapters were good but I had to make myself to read in case something good happened. It didn't. I was very dissapointed with this book. After I read the other reviews I thought this book was pretty fantastic, but no, most of the time I was really bored.