Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 February 2017
A brilliant book that I have read before, loaned out and lost. I had to purchase and re read this story in anticipation of seeing the show soon.
Following the life of Elphaba (the wicked witch), and introducing Galinda (the good witch) shortly after we can understand the depth to a character who is often forgotten and portrayed as someone who just came to being in an evil and nasty shell, here we find the truth about elphabas past before that wretched Dorothy arrives, and future after she goes back to old and stupid auntie Em.
The trials, love, loss and suffering of a witch who is thought of as evil, all in one book. Then there's Galinda, the stupid, self obsessed pageant queen who's only real skill is making people like her whatever the cost.
on 25 June 2017
Excellent book. It totally changes your views on the 'Wizard of Oz'. I actually bought it as a present for someone and them being an 'Wicked expert' I did wonder if they'd like it. No worries there as it got a resounding thumbs up!
on 27 April 2017
I think this book is very good. I read it before I saw the play. It would have been better for me to see it the other way round so I could appreciate the play more!
on 8 April 2017
Fantastic take on The Wizard of Oz from the wicked witches perspective
on 9 August 2017
A good read for Wicked fans
on 4 December 2015
as expected, not easy kids reading
on 12 July 2017
Loved every second and could not put it down! Can not wait to read the other books in the series.
on 19 July 2017
It's a very good book and I would recommend to everyone
on 20 July 2017