on 12 May 2011
When I began reading my first Stephanie Plumb book [ One for the money ] I didn't know quite what to expect. However I very quickly discovered it was an absolute gem, and as I read more and more of Janet Evanovich's books about the misfit bounty hunter and as the characters evolved and became more and more interesting [ grandma Mazur is something else isn't she; likewise Lulu is one hell of a girl ] they got better and better, and I have now lost count of the times I have cried laughing aloud as I read them.

I'm now up to 'Seven Up' and a devoted 'Stephanie Plumb' fan.

Humour and crime stories may not be everyones cup of tea, but if these categories appeal to you [ and I asume they do, otherwise you would probably not be looking at this review in the first place ] and if you haven't already done so, all I can say is give Spephanie Plumb a go. But if you do, read them in sequence because the characters do evolve from book to book.
on 22 May 2016
Witty and chaotic, I fully understand why people give this book five stars. As a Tom Sharpe fan, I feel I should be more appreciative of this a book in this genre, but for some reason it doesn't cut it for me.
on 4 January 2006
Others will describe the plot. This review is for quality of the plot and dialogue.
If you are new to the Evanovich Stephanie Plum series start at One for the Money and then go on to Two for the dough. Seven up is funny, but not as good as the earlier books.
There are some laugh out loud moments, but the story isn't the strongest and it does feel as if Evanovich was working to a deadline so it isn't as polished as some of her other works.
Still worth buying, I wouldn't pay for a hardback copy.
on 10 August 2014
This is first Evanovich book I have read. Couldn't get 1 thru 6 on Kindle ( shame).Whilst the central bountyhunting plot was very lame and most ridiculous, I really enjoyed this book. There are loads of wonderful characters that are beautifully observed and written. Quite joyful to read. I will definitely be getting book 8.
on 6 June 2017
The well drawn characters in the long running series make a return - this outing doesn't disappoint. Light weight and fun, I enjoyed this book enormously.
on 10 January 2017
really funny i love it
on 20 February 2016
Have read this before but wanted the Kindle edition. Great story, good price and happy.
on 13 May 2014
A fun read, with some great family scenes that had me reading them out to my husband and we were both in fits of laughter. However, i felt that the ending was a bit of a damp squib and there were some parts where the author just skated over what should have been a big scene. It was almost as if the author got bored, or maybe the deadline loomed?
on 12 September 2016