Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 May 2005
Two women. Both with fantastic carreers. Both just found out they are pregnant. They hate each other to bits and find themselves in the same town on the other side of the Altantic!!! What are the odds? Marvellous plot, fantastic writting and sooooo real! I read this in one go! Gripping storyline. Very emotional with funny laugh out loud moments and teary "I feel for you" moments. Highly recommended.
on 15 March 2006
I wasn't really sure what to expect as this was the first I've read by this author. But as I started reading ity, I just couldnt put it down. There was always something that happened which kept me glued to see what happened next. Sure the charachters are somewhat cliched, but it was still a fun read and there were places where I had to laugh out loud. At one point, during my lunch break at work, I was hysterical with laughter, tears streaming down my face and my work collegues thought I was mad! Lol.
Anyways, I thouroughly enjoyed it, though I agree that it could have ended better. But I will definately read more of Wendy'd books.
on 20 June 2015
It's that time of year when I buy chick lit to read in the garden. I have previously read some other Wendy Holden books and haven't yet read this one.
The book was exactly as described and arrived promptly.
on 19 February 2013
Sadly this book has winceable area. A little too graphic in parts, lots of parts...Holden`s book "Filthy rich" despite
its title is loving and warm with gorgeous characters. Why did this earlier book have to be so messy?
on 3 September 2006
After having tried to get into a couple of books recently neither kept my attention. This one however was harmlessly addictive. I didn't want to put it down and read in a couple of weeks. I loved the way it was two stories in one which constantly overlapped. I found it really easy to pick up where I had left off (unlike the other books I had tried to read). It made me chuckle but there were also more emotional bits too. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will definately read more of this author's books. A sign of a good book is where you can clearly imagine the scene in your head and I could!
on 13 January 2009
This book has some fantastically funny narratives and contemporary themes. I loved the whole recycling storyline completely and wanted the book to focus more on them. Amanda must be the most annoying character I have ever read about though!!

I also agree with the other reviews, I think the ending was rushed a bit so that everything fitted into a lovely little ending. The storyline is not really believable but the book made me laugh so there is no harm in enjoying a laugh I say.
on 21 April 2009
i bought this book because i really enjoyed Wendy Holden's other books, especially Azur Like It and Bad Heir Day, but it was so awful i couldn't even finish reading it. It wasn't funny, the characters weren't likeable, and the storyline was bad. I felt so let down after enjoying her other books so much, and surprised that this one was so bad. I wouldn't waste your money buying it or your time reading it.
on 30 May 2005
I didn't know Wendy Holden at all but I discovered her with pleasure. The novel is witty and funny and the plot is always renewed by various unexpected events. I particularly enjoyed Jake's caracter: an eco-recycling-organic-natural maniac, the way he recycles ABSOLUTELY everything is hilarious! I would definitely recommend this novel!
on 14 September 2005
Wendy Holden has done it again! Combining characters that make your blood boil with a sharp comedy storyline and more twists than a corkscrew makes this book one excellent read!
on 16 January 2006
This is the first book I've read by Wendy Holden and it will definitely be the last.
I read it because, being pregnant, I enjoy reading about characters in the same situation. This book however stretched even my patience.
The characters are so one-dimensional it's a wonder they don't fall over. The two partners are so unsympathetic that not only do we wonder why the protagonists married them in the first place (for Holden doesn't bother to furnish us with a convincing explanation) but why she bothered to create a story around such dislikable people.
The storyline is contrived and unoriginal and the ending so nauseatingly bad I actually shuddered in horror.
This novel would probably be ok if you'd never read a book in your life and didn't know what to expect. If you read more than 5 books a year and have a brain - don't bother.