on 14 April 2016
Bought for a road trip for me, husband and kids (13 and 10). The 13 year old thought it was ok but the rest of us were very unimpressed. The story is repetitive and, after 8 hours, goes nowhere and is left unresolved. Also, if you are from the UK, this version read by an American actress is sort of hard to take seriously so next time I would make the effort to get the UK accent version of a book.
on 11 December 2015
I got this book in audio form not realising that it was for young adults. However from the first page I was hooked ! The characters were strangely believable and I was really wanting it all to 'work out' for them . I bought a copy of the book for my Grandson . He thought it was brilliant too and we have both read the whole series . My great nephew is receiving a copy for Xmas, pretty confident he will love it !
on 29 January 2014
I've been a fan of this series for a long, long, Long time and the first book still haunts me from the very beginning, hence this purchase. Absolutely cheap- such good bargain. If anyone is looking for an adventure beside Harry Potter, Alex Rider and Artemis Fowl, this is can be considered a good option. Actually, this is The Option; broomsticks and teenage spies are out, mutant freaks are IN.
on 26 March 2015
I have read this whole series in a week and loved them. I've laughed out loud and found myself wanting to know what is going to happen next with every one, I've found myself really hooked on this series very addictive. I love the characters they are amazing especially the dog total who I find is very funny
on 5 April 2016
Bought this as a present to introduce a friend to this series. I read the books years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the first book I'd read by Patterson and I was hooked. I also love his writing style, managed to keep my attention throughout the entire book. Grew up reading these books and could not recommend it enough! Really glad I picked it up off the shelf all those years ago.
on 15 December 2017
Bought as a Christmas present for my youngest Granddaughter and I'm sure she will enjoy it.
on 6 April 2015
I LOVED this book! I found it fast paced and with lots of (very unpredictable) plot twists. I did have a couple problems with this though, as there was a lot to take in at once and it took me 11 (short) chapters to find out the main character Max is actually a girl. I recommend this book to anyone (preferably over 8 or 9 as of some mildly strong language) with a big imagination. I can't wait for the sequel!
on 12 January 2018
brilliant read
on 24 April 2016
This book is so tense and it is just what I have been looking for. I have been finding it hard to find a series that I enjoy and I have finally found it. It has been used before so it was buffed up but the pages are in good condition. overall I definitely recommend.
on 5 November 2011
Bought this book for my 11yr old daughter & read it first to check for suitability. I thoroughly enjoyed it. On the whole I think she will really enjoy it too, but am holding it back until she is a little older due to some of the content being just a bit too scary. But I have already ordered the next in the series for me.