Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 30 March 2007
Pitt makes an alliance of sorts with the obnoxious Voisey - an alliance which makes the reader uneasy from start to finish. Voisey is not to be trusted. The awesome Vespasia plays a prominent part - those she doesn't know in high circles aren't worth knowing. She's adorable but it takes a leap of imagination to picture her around the kitchen table with Gracie and Charlotte in their little terrace in Keppel Street.

Perry gives us another intricate plot which moves with her usual speed; lots of little fashion details, references to streets in the East End and lots of insight into working class life at the end of 19c.

Perry's research is phenomenal and her interpretation and methodology most efficient. I am a graduate of History and have taught this period to A Level for very many years so this is not false praise. She is quite exceptional in her ability to craft a complex plot with wholesome characters in a fascinating period/location.

I can barely wait for Pitt's next adventure.
on 17 December 2010
I intend to read all the books by Anne Perry in the Thomas & Charlotte Pitt series. This is just one of them. I like her other books too. It arrived quickly and was in good condition considering the price; which was very reasonable.
on 22 October 2014
very please with the quality, service great, will recommend
on 15 March 2015
Not egaging
on 22 April 2013
Anything by Anne Perry meets with my approval, and this book is no exception. I can imagine myself in the era in which the book is set, a thoroughly enjoyable experience
on 18 January 2013
totally captivating I could not put it down, the author is a genius. I would advise anyone to start reading his work