Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(5 star). See all 9 reviews
on 7 March 2017
Really uplifting read, especially if you can't see the silver lining for the situation you're in right now.
on 1 October 2016
It came on time and it was exactly what I expected.
on 21 March 2009
I am a tough old recently fired salesperson. I read widely and I found this a useful book. Mr Jackson doesn't stray into the territory of 'Gee whizz look at me - I'm great & here is my formula for running your life!'
This is a highly readable, easy to digest book - a collection of how a variety of people found themselves in unexpected challenging situations and what they did about it.
I found it thought provoking & a useful reference book.
Yes I have been fired, but as I was taught early in my career - 'Don't let the ********* get you down'!
3 people found this helpful
on 1 April 2009
My first piece of advice regarding this book is to totally ignore the review left by Mr Nicholson who appears to be one of those people in life who will never be able to grasp the concepts that this book reveals and misses the point totally. I found it to be a fascinating read which left me with a feeling of optimism and well being. The book like any good book is a very easy read and flows nicely giving you a deep insight into the tragedies that life threw up to the individuals the book details and how they fought back and turned things around. An uplifting read and one that I recommend to anyone who wants a good read. I have just bought another of the author Adam J Jackson books "The secrets of Abundant Wealth" and am looking forward to it arriving.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 December 2009
Adam did a great job of writing a very inspiring book about dealing with adversity and finding the hidden opportunities in adversity.

I particularly liked:
- the fact that he drew real-life stories from a wide range of different nationalities, rather than just the usual American stories.
- the way he pulls out the common themes in the ways that those people were thinking - ways of thinking that helped them to turn adversity into opportunity.

Highly recommended!
One person found this helpful