on 9 March 2011
I bought this book not long after my son turned one and brought with him a whole host of new challenges. As a first time Mum Im often looking for a source of advise on a number of topics and like most parents Im constantly asking 'is this normal?', this bookis great for answering mys questions.
I love the fact this book has input from Mums as well its almost having a group of mummy mates available to give you advice whenever you need it. Another good thisng about this book is that its easy just to turn to the chapter you need, read what you want and put it back down again. It covers a wide range of topics from How to get them to give up dummies to confidence tips and bullying.
Im so pleased i bpught this book, its a great point of reference and will last a long time.
on 26 March 2008
My kids are aged from three to nine, so I bought this as a one-size-fits-all. It's brilliant! So many parenting books are patronising or leave you feeling inadequate, but this is great because it sets out the facts, then gives the opinions and experiences of other parents and also experts. I found the section on sex education very useful (and hilarious). Also the debate on when it's ok to let your children out alone was interesting. I'd recommend this book to any parent.
on 5 June 2011
Brought this book as I thought I was the only parent with a 3 year old daughter who was throwing such huge tantrums and was at my wits end. I found it comforting that I am not alone and that other mums like me have gone through the same problem and contributed to this book in a amusing fashion. I found that the idea's on how to ease these tantrums were what I was already trying to do, but needed to persist with and not back down. Although I have not yet read all of this book, I find that I refer to it when I need advice and support rather than have the time to read it from front to back and it is well laid out for this as it has clear sections. I have looked at other parenting books and found that some are not informative enough, or are laid out difficult to read or more suited to a medical practitioner than a parent pulling her hair out at the roots, but this is none of these and I would highly recomend it.
on 29 February 2008
I love the netmums website so it great to have all their advice and support in a book at well for those times when I am really pressed for time. They seem to have a great balance between professional advice and advice from members which makes it really easy to read, especially when you recognise members names from the forum!! Really loved the food advice, made me realise that the problems I have with feeding my children are entirely normal but there is a way out.
on 20 June 2008
When a group of mum's get together, inevitably, the conversation comes round to those embarrassing topics - like the contents of a nappy or how to deal with 'those' questions. The netmums team have managed to bring this 'girlie chat' feel in book form (for dad's too). It tackles all of those subjects and more in a lighthearted but informative way. It's one I will be dipping into for many years to come.
on 15 February 2012
This is a great book, I recommend it to all parents especially for the under 5's. I received it only two days ago and have already read half of it. It's not only easy and interesting to read, it solves so many of your day to day problems with your little one. From tantrums to sleeping and eating problems to sibling rivalry to grand parents, it deals with everything. But above all it has experiences from real parents and that totally counts! go for it!
on 6 March 2008
I am new to netmums but this book which features all kinds of really useful, sensible, tried-and-tested advice from real mums as well as experts such as child psychologists and nutrition experts, is just brilliant. I recommend it to anyone with 'toddling to ten' children - it is on the mums' side and doesn't make you feel guilty or inadequate. A problem shared is a problem halved. I shall tell all my friends about this book - thank you netmums!
on 1 April 2016
COST: Very Reasonable

BEST BITS; Massive book filled with plenty information for your growing babies! I also have the other books in this series and really enjoy them all. would definitely recommend them to all parents and grandparents

BAD BITS: None to report

RECOMMEND; Yes 100%
on 3 August 2010
Great book for picking up and reading a chapter as and when the kids allow!! with a 13 month old and a baby due in 2 weeks im trying to get a bit of info in my head now dont think will have much time soon.
Not patronising in any shape or form just lots of mums with same issues
on 27 April 2012
No spectacular revelations, mostly confirming common sense - but massively reassuring that I'm a 'normal' parent in that we know the theory, however applying the practice........