on 4 April 2013
I bought this because although I can cook a "posh" meal for adults, I am always fumbling in the dark when it comes to something suitable and (that I can be confident is) nutritious for the kids.
This book has some excellent easy recipes which suit the whole family. I have a 2 and a 4yr old and they have been happy with al the recipes so far! (Although my 4yr old has picked up some food fads at school!). You can add more depth of flavour or spices if you want to depending on who is eating it - we eat as a family as much as we can.
For me it really works because I can do a meal plan per week, be confident what to cook and when and generally save money on the shopping. I don't buy stuff for a meal anymore (e.g. shepherds pie ingredients) and then not actually make it because I get lazy and just do pasta and cheese sauce instead! This book has given me the means to actually find it easy and so no need to take a lazy option.
A bonus is there is a whole section on nutrition at the front which I had not expected to be so comprehensive. It not only explains all parts of food but also what a person needs - for example I didn't know what "5-a-day" is for a 2yr old (I knew what it is for an adult). I've found it beneficial for all of us and actually could do with losing a bit of weight myself and it's helping me do this healthily.
It also gives some tips on what to do if your child is under or overweight and how to get around fussy eating.
Hope this review is helpful.

All in all this book has really really helped me and to be honest I feel a bit less of a failure on the mummy stakes now I have this small bit of life working a bit better!
on 8 May 2013
Quite a good book but lack of photos of dishes annoying and not info given re how long dishes take to make
on 10 April 2014
The recipes are OK but the book would have benefited from being illustrated. I suppose because the recipes were submitted by net mums users this was not possible. In that case IMO the book should have been cheaper. Personally, I like to see a picture of what the finished dish looks like therefore book was not for me.
on 24 October 2009
What an excellent book!! Just as I was beginning to struggle with new food ideas this book was recommended to me. I am very pleased with my purchase as I have used it loads. Definately recommend this to other mums.
on 17 December 2009
I have far too many recipe books, most of which simply gather dust, but not this one! What I like most is the attitude the writers have to us parents: we are not perfect; we are in a rush; we have run out of vital ingredients; the kids are squabbling; we are tearing our hair out and we need food on the table NOW. They seem to understand all this and encourage the reader to just do our best for our kids, in real life, not some virtual perfect world. I have bought the book for several mummy friends and recommended it to many more!
on 23 February 2010
This is an average book in my opinion. Each page is packed with information, some common sense. There are no pictures for the recipes (I like to see what mine should look like) and the recipes have been done over and over again in other cook books in a much clearer fashion. Some of the dietary information at the beginning is interesting to know, but I am guessing this will be one of those books that sits on my shelf and never gets used.
on 3 April 2014
This is such a good book. The information is useful and the recipes are really easy to make and yummy. Very informative and encouraging.
on 21 June 2010
basic and more complex recipes designed for kids. it says what it does on the box.
on 22 February 2010
I just love the netmums books, they are so helpful, informative and fun to read.
I loved this one so much I bought it again to give to a friend who had a child who is a fussy eater......... and guess what it worked.
This book is a must for any one who prepares/cooks meals for children of any age.........
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 July 2015
Being a fan of netmums I had to give this book a try!If you're after a fancy cookbook this won't be it, but if your looking for wholesome meals for the little ones as well as yourselves with not too much prep time I would recommend this book. Only downside is lack of pictures.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse