on 30 March 2017
Nice easy recipes without too many bizarre ingredients and healthy too.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 June 2007
A faboulous book filled with really 'cookable' meals that can be easily adapted depending on what you have in the house. For once we are all sitting down as a family to eat rather than cooking seperate meals to be eaten at different times! Hightly recommended.
0Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 November 2007
This is a great book with simple, economical recipies which are aimed at children but great for adults too. The best recipie so far is the quick cheesecake - good enough for an emergency dinner party pudding. Unlike some family cookbooks on the market at the moment the ingredients are all accessible and mostly cupboard basics. I would definatly buy this book over the others on the market at the moment aimed at children/families(of which I have too many going dusty!)
on 15 May 2007
Although 2 of my children aren't faddy eaters I often find I run out of inspiration and tend give them the same old thing. This book is great, it has loads of very very easy to cook recipes that are quick and simple to prepare. The book has even been a hit with my fussy eater and she has made a few of the recipies herself already (we have only had the book a couple of weeks. A really useful book from a great website. :) Oh - one more thing - for the price I thought it would be a soft covered book, but it has a really good quality hard cover - it might even survive my chaotic kitchen!
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 December 2007
I got this book to feed my toddler and husband along with her, and we've enjoyed every single recipe so far (tried about 8). It's got classic recipes in it like tuna pasta bakes, and some invented by cooking mums, like a red rootveg hotpot that we enjoy a lot. On some recipes you get tips on how to serve them for your fun loving fussy eaters (fishcakes - cut out with fish shaped cookie cutters and serve on blue plates with greens as seaweed - clever!).
Comments that I'd like to make:
We worked out after the first meal: If it says recipe is for 4 kids, it serves two adults and a toddler for two full meals, AND we get two small spare toddler portions to freeze. Great for mum time management :-)
Also, there are sections for different types of meals (winter warmers, pizzas, picknicky stuff), so if you hope for 50 different recipes for every
day of this winter, well, you'll need more than this book. But every winter recipe in it will be great for sure!
on 13 May 2007
I would love to be a domestic godess but time is short and the childen are picky!! - this however is at least helping me go in the right direction. It is easy to read and all the recipes I have done have been easy to follow - and more importantly the children love them. The recipes are normal family food so there is no need to buy any special ingredients and none of the faffing about cutting out rabbit shapes and things that you sometimes get with children's recipes. I like the nutrional "traffic lights" on the recipes which are easy to understand. The style of writing is really friendly and there are lots of tips from Mums, from the netmums website I think, which make it seem more realistic.
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 August 2007
I am honestly not exaggerating when I say that this book has changed my life and has transformed my children's diet. I am mum to four children aged 7 months to 5 years and have had to battle with fussy eating for some time now. Our children were determined to turn into the anti-veg and anti-meat brigade, surviving on a diet of bread and baked beans. I was quickly running out of ideas as to what to cook for them, having tried many other cookery books aimed at children and fussy eating ... until I came across this one. Absolutely brilliant! The recipes are all that busy mums are looking for: simple (they do not take half a day to prepare), tasty (my children ask for second helpings) and healthy (plenty of suggestions for hiding extra veg and how to make food more nutritious without sacrificing taste and turning meals into "weird" health guru projects).

At last a book that combines simplicity with taste and good nutrition. This book delivers what it promises.
0Comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 May 2007
I've got lots of books on my bookshelves aimed at feeding kids. But this is the only one I can say I will actually use regularly. The difference is - Feeding Kids has lots of normal, every day recipes - the kind of food I used to eat as a child - lasagne, shepherd's pie, omelettes, pasta bakes and casseroles. I like the nutritional notes, and the variations under many of the recipes means that you can vary them to suit your child and maybe sneak in a few more veggies if you dare!
0Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 March 2010
Aparently this book is not going to be reprinted and I had a bit of a job to get hold of it, even on here, so all I can say is: grab it while you can!! Its a great book and its done the trick in my house! It lives up to all the reviews I had read on here and other sites, which is what made me decide to choose this book over others. I was looking for a book of SIMPLE recipes, with some helpful titbits of info, and this is precisely what this book delivers AND MORE! There are some really handy snippets and recipe substitutions and recommendations from parents on every recipe page, which increases the possibilities no-end, and the most important factor for me, which makes this book such a winner, is that so far my previously really fussy eater has tried and loved everything i've made. And this has made me the happiest mummy alive! After struggling for so long with mealtimes and really reaching the end of my tether, this book has helped me find a way of trying to keep going, and has produced some very satisfactory and rewarding results. For both me and my child. I can't recommend it highly enough.

In short: this book offers a range of recipes and meal ideas suitable for all occaisions, including puddings, salads, snacks, sandwich fillings plus anything you might ever want. In a simple and UNPATRONIZING way. (this is a very important factor if, like me, you too are sick of all these "super-mummy, grow-your-own-farm, Cath Kidston lifestyle" books and articles!) This book is just simple, straightforward and very informative, without making you feel guilty if you're not lucky enough to have an Aga and a labrador! The recipes are simple and easy to follow, whilst also allowing you plenty of scope to interpret your own twists into things, if you're so inclined. And they provide, excellent quality meals for your children. Its quite shocking how easy good food for your kids is!!
on 18 May 2007
I'm loving this book and I've only had it a couple of weeks. The recipes are easy to follow - my 6yr old made the rock buns all by himself! - and there are some great variations and tips underneath each recipe giving you in actuality much more than the 160 recipes the title says.

Some tasty vegetarian recipes in there too and very handy ideas for what to put in a school lunch box or take on a picnic.

I think I could wax lyrical all day but I've got to take my carrot cake from the oven!
0Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse