on 11 February 2003
I loved Jill Mansell's book - it's a very entertaining read. It only took me a weekend to read it, once you started you can't put it down any more. Jill Mansell describes all persons very vividly, you feel as you've known them! The plot is quiet gripping and never boring. As an other reviewer already observed one could fall in love with Jay and Nadia feels like being my best friend!
on 23 November 2014
Jay, you crafty devil !!

What a lovely book. Great interesting characters, almost as if you in their living with them.

She never fails, great writer Jill Mansell, keep em coming.
Nadia Knows Best is a fabulous book - yes, it's not a Booker finalist, but it's still wonderfully well-written and addresses the topic of abandonment (in various forms)with respect - and fun! Nadia is one of the most likeable heroines you'll find, and Jay is - well, everything you want "the" man to be. As with all of Mansell's books, it's the secondary characters that make the story, by providing realistic dialog, humor, and setting up our Nadia to finally find love. One of Mansell's best!
on 30 April 2003
I have virtually all Jill Masell books and this one is just as good as the rest. Funny, romantic, perceptive this is the kind of book you read in 1 sitting. I just want to know how Jill Mansell keeps coming up with her brillant story lines and all the outrageous events that always occur in her books!!
Buy - read and enjoy!! :-)
on 5 February 2003
I bought this book tonight 8 o clock ish and have just finished it 4 o clock ish!! I love Jill Mansell books they are witty, romantic, modern and are almost edible!! If you have never read any of these books you just dont know what youre missing!!
on 13 August 2012
Gosh what another brilliant story from Jill Mansell. Nadia and the gang are totally believeable characters. It is written so magnificently that you feel like a fly on the wall where one minute you are laughing and the next crying. This is my fifth Jill Mansell book and I cannot wait to start my sixth. Would recommend this book happily to anyone.
on 6 February 2015
Sadly this is my last Jill Mansell book (having read every other other one written, not always in order!!!!!!!) And it did not disappoint; funny, witty, heart warming and endearing! Jill Mansell I am miss you so please hurry up and write more!
on 11 November 2003
I have just finnished this book and I am missing it already, hence me being here trying to find another good mansell book. Nadia knows best is witty funny, and when you start reading it you just can't put it down. I actually found myself shouting at the book at times and laughing out loud, I think that is jill mansell's way of getting you so involved in it, and I would even go as far to say emotionally attached to it as you grow attached to the characters, some you like some you hate and some are just plain annoying you are left feeling you know them, and when you finnish this book you feel you have lost a friend. An overall excellent read I highly recommend it.
on 20 March 2008
When I first started this book, I never realised the plot would get as intense as it did!
The main story is focused on Nadia who starts off being stranded in a snow bound car and is rescued and has to spend the night in a pub with her rescuer, Jay.
She doesn't see him for a good while after, and in that time she has split from her partner and Jay offers her a job.
There are a few sub-plots surrounding her evermore dysfunctional family.
There a laughs, a few tears and a good fair few 'Oh my gods'!!
Good read for lounging in the bath!
on 17 March 2012
I too am quite the fan of Jill Mansell, Fast Friends being a particular favorite of mine, JM books require little thought and i usually pick them up when I have a shortage of other novels....
Thankfully i brought this book in the sale otherwise i would be rather upset that i had been robbed! The story is a good one and does grab you quite quickly and yes i found it hard to put it down, i was really looking forward to seeing how everything would be settled........ still waiting!

It just leaves rather alot unfinshed, that business between Suzy, Laurie and Nadia being one example of around 5 situations that were never fully finished....

It was an ok book, very enjoyable but totally rushed towards the end leaving too many loose ends.... deadline arrive sooner that thought JM??????