on 26 November 2012
I happened to come across this book as I was looking for a beginners guide to linocutting. I was not disappointed. A well written book with clear instructions and loads of photos. I saw that the author had a website so I visited the site. They offer workshops so I booked one with some of my friends and was lucky enough to meet Susan Yeates. We had a fun morning/afternoon with her and did some projects. If you are in the UK I would recommend going to one of her classes. Thanks Susan for a great book.
on 18 October 2015
Best book about lino cutting I have read. Full explanations for beginner and inspiring ideas for more experienced artists. Every aspect of making and printing from lino cuts (and similar block printing methods) covered, in an easy to read and follow approach. Overall an excellent book!
on 3 May 2017
I have just completed a two-term course on printmaking at university, mainly to learn about linocut - but this book has taught me so much more. It covers everything to do with the craft - it is all there for me to access when I get stuck or need to know about materials etc. I can't see it being put on the bookshelf, it will always be right beside me on my desk. Just brilliant!
on 12 June 2017
Not a proper kindle book, just a series of odd pages, can't enlarge, too small to read, Sorry to be a pain but...THIS BOOK IN KINDLE FORMAT IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF, DON'T BUY THE KINDLE BOOK, will attempt to get my money back and contact the author to tell her what I think, I am very annoyed
on 13 December 2012
I was impressed by the very high rating this book has and so I bought it. When it arrived, I thought that it looked a rather thin paperback for £16. Well, my concern was ill founded. This is a truly excellent book. Bravo Susan Yeates, you have produced a really terrific book. For those of you thinking about buying it - go ahead, you will not be disappointed.
on 11 March 2017
Brilliant for beginners particularly.
on 12 April 2014
I have used this multiple times to produce my own prints. It is and excellent guide and reference book for a beginner.
on 19 July 2017
Just starting to use linocuttting and found this book very useful and full of helpful hints and tips.
on 30 April 2017
Really informative book. Great buy
on 24 January 2014
Spent Xmas Boxing Day carving various designs copied from this book. Excellent fun. Some aspirational pieces too, I may never be able to do them but they do look beautiful.