on 26 July 2015
I must admit I was a little apprehensive after seeing some reviews, however it really is a very interesting read. As a big Eric fan I did not think the book would tell me anything about Eric I did not already know, but I was wrong. Michael tells you quite a few little secrets unknown to fans, and it is truly a marvellous insight into what went on behind the scenes at Tv rehearsals, shows, live shows and the driving around d of course. If you are a fan this is well worth a read. This is not the best book I have ever read, but it is it will keep you interested with those stories.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 February 2014
As a fan of Morecambe and Wise, I just loved this book. As the driver of Mr Morecambe the book showed that Eric Morecambe was a wonderful man outside of the world of television as well as on the television.
on 29 August 2017
Very interesting book
on 28 November 2013
I loved this book, it was funny and informative. Having watched and enjoyed Eric Morecambe all my life this inside look at his life was facinating. Michael did not try to impress the reader with his life working for Eric and his family, he just told it in a wonderful genuine way. Really loved this book.
3 people found this helpful
on 28 November 2014
I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed a tear when Eric's untimely death was described so beautifully by his loyal chauffeur. Brilliantly written and a picture of a lovely man.
on 28 October 2014
Interesting insight into the every day life of the genius who was Eric Morecambe.
on 5 June 2016
its ok
on 9 December 2013
Oh Mr J Johnson - the clue is in the title doh!
I found this book a pleasure to read, no pretensions, just sharing the wonderful experience of working for such a lovely man.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 November 2013
Enjoyed this book,great to read about the great Eric, very funny. Well written,seems to be a very nice driver, just what Eric needed
3 people found this helpful