on 30 October 2009
This book is for all abilities; Whether a novice in the kitchen or an experienced book, Ice Cream Machine shows in detail, pictures and excellent editorial how to produce not only first class ice cream, but also ices, sorbets desserts and much more.

Each recipe is carefully explained by step-by-steps and beautiful photographs leading the reader to complete mouth-watering results.

A must for those who want to experience first hand how to produce beautiful ices in your ice cream machine.
on 3 July 2017
Whilst there are plenty nice sounding recipes in this book, I found it very disappointing that almost every recipe is custard-based (requiring egg yolks) and the sorbets almost all seemed to use egg white. There are many non-egg ice cream/sorbet recipes around these days but sadly not here - this book struck me as very old-fashioned. Or possibly produced by the egg marketing board?!
on 17 November 2010
This book contains lots of great recipes but the thing that I really like about it is that it is truely international. I have seen so many books using American cup sizes, for which there is no standard measurement. This book has all the ingredients shown in American and British measures as well as standard grams, ml, etc. so there is no hassle with converting. Also some ingredients have different names in America but again this book provides all the alternative names. It took a while to deliver but it was well worth the wait.
on 3 May 2017
Useful
on 2 June 2017
ive made a couple from the book already and they were lovely
on 27 June 2017
great book
on 7 July 2016
Wish I'd read the 1* reviews before ordering this, as would have realised what a tiny book this is. It is just over A5 paper size, when it should have been A4 size or larger. Even though the ingredients list is in capital letters, that text is far too small to read. As for the method text forget it. Even tiny using a magnifying glass. Who wants to have to use a magnifying glass for recipes? Will take about five times as long to produce a recipe. I'm only slightly short-sighted by the way. I will be sending my copy back and it makes me fume that what looks like a very good book has been totally ruined by some idiot at the publishing company deciding to "save money" by printing in such a small format/size. Instead sales will be lost due to that decision. If they produced this in a larger format, I would buy it again, but I don't suppose they will.
on 24 June 2017
I ordered this as a novice to ice cream making and having just bought my first machine. I needed a collection of inspirational recipes and clear instructions to get me going, and I am absolutely delighted - this does the job perfectly. I have only tried one recipe so far, but it was very successful, and easy to follow. There is a bewildering choice of books on the subject, but I am convinced I made the right choice, and couldn't be happier. I also like the variety of recipes, plenty of alternatives including the healthier options such as sorbets, as well as great ideas for toppings, like praline, and even biscuits and brandy snaps to go with your ice cream.
on 17 May 2015
good good
on 10 January 2010
A further aid to ice cream making at home with the use of a good machine.I bought the Philips HR 2304 machine which has a good recipe book with it but with the aid of this book a whole new world of cold deserts is opened up and I would recommend anyone interested in the finer arts of ice cream making to buy this item with over 150 recipes and with loads of coloured pictures.