Customer reviews

on 12 March 2016
Ok book, more for academics than fans but some interesting nuggets here and there.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 July 2010
I must admit to being no great intellect regards regard music. I can play four chords and that is all I have ever needed. However I do look to understand some of the great works of my lifetime and the Lamb lies down is one of those albums.
I found the book insightful it places the work in context of the time and place. There are some great quotes from Gabriel and the band which explain why the band evolved onwards from this work. I loved the song song section.
I just hope a similar work comes out about other Genesis early works but this book will do for a start. For the record I am checking out other titles in this series. (the more moderatly priced ones)