Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 November 2010
Master chef indeed; the recipes are delicious. And not too difficult, I could make them without too much trouble and i am a wellmeaning amateur.
on 14 May 2011
My first Michel Roux Jnr book, but definitely not my last. It's full of great recipes and written in an easy to read way, with lots of anecdotes. I am a BIG fan of Michel Roux Jnr and love his wonderful enthusiasm for food, wine and cooking. A great book, worth every penny.
on 29 March 2013
I don't think a lot of love or attention went into this book - perhaps it was produced quickly for Christmas or something (it was a Christmas present from someone, in my case). There are hardly any pictures of the food to inspire you, just pics of Michel Roux himself in M&S shirts, quaffing wine! I mean I like the man, but I'd rather see the food. Even more annoying is the fact that there is a lovely picture of a lemony dessert, but then there's no recipe for it! I have made 2-3 nice dishes from it to be fair, but the book could be so much better. Save your cash and go online instead onto the Masterchef website or BBCGoodfood.com.
on 9 January 2011
A gorgeous book with great recipes, I would have prefered more pictures as I love how he presents his food. But even so brilliant.
on 10 January 2011
Bought this for my partner who struggles to boil an egg.Recipes are so simple to follow even my partner has tried a couple with great success.Maybe now thanks to michel roux i can look forward to having a nice meal cooked for me now and then.Would recommend to everyone who thinks they cant cook.
on 22 June 2015
The recipes and concept of this book is solid, however the book is littered with spelling mistakes, incorrect page references and often huge gaps in the recipe process. I've found myself filling in a lot of the gaps myself, but can't help feeling frustrated by how rushed this book feels. Some recipes are quite complex, yet lack any detail in relation to process.
on 19 March 2013
I own over 100 cookery books and this is definitely in my top 15. Truly lovely, stylish, sophisticated (but not too complicated recipes) to cook for friends and family.

Sometimes the ingredients used can be a bit pricey, but there are plenty of recipes without expensive ingredients. The recipes are inspiring and not the same-old stuff you've seen regurgitated a million times before.

I would honestly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys cooking, likes entertaining or simple enjoys reading a good cookery book!
on 18 February 2015
I bought the kindle edition. It is well laid out and easy to navigate
There are some duff recipes in here but also some ones that initially look rubbish (As they don't have much ingredients in but are very tasty.
As you would expect with Michel Roux Jr, it's not how much you add to the dish but the quality of the ingredients and how you cook them
on 29 April 2015
Very sorry have some of this guys other books and they are superb but this book is no better than ok. Not enough pictures to go with the recipes. When you buy these books it's always nice to see what the recipe should look like ,you can always alter them if you want .
It's a book that will prob sit on the shelf and not come out again.
on 28 January 2015
A nice book lots of easy to cook recipes for the home cook .I would have given five stars if there had been a photo for every dish.
Also I got this for three pounds on amazon instead of twenty five .very pleased.