Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 August 2015
This book was easy to read, I got through it in a couple of days. Mick seen combat in Northern Ireland, the Falklands, the second Gulf War and Afghanistan as part of a armoured regiment. Also includes what he did when he left the army, before returning 8 years later, and peace keeping duties in Bosnia which was interesting. My only criticism is that the details of the deaths of some of his comrades are pretty graphic.
on 26 May 2017
Really well written I found it very hard to put down. I've read quite a few books about war stories from WW2, Vietnam, the Falklands and the Middle East and still found this full of surprising anecdotes.
on 27 July 2017
I opened this book at about 9.00 pm one night, the next time I looked at the clock it was 3.00am. It is superbly written, an excellent account of a lifetime of Army service.The humour, humility, excitement and irony is perfecty balanced.
on 18 May 2017
A very good " can't put it down " book. A book written with truth and humility by a very brave man.
on 6 February 2017
Good action from mick about his true tales of his army careers!
well written in a readable​ way.
I sometimes felt that I could smell the cordite.
Indeed of the best books I've ever read.
on 28 April 2016
A no holds barred 'warts and all' account of his career in the British Army - my friend I salute you!
on 9 June 2017
very good book
on 8 April 2017
Unbelievable career, he has been at the forefront since 1980. Written in the small sheet style.
on 25 May 2017
Enjoyable read.
on 9 May 2015
A few inaccuracies picked up early on spoiled the book for me as I was kept wondering; how much is made up? Otherwise it's an OK read.