Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 March 2010
I have read her previous two books and thought them fairly alright for airplane or beach reads. This is simply those two books patched together. Waste of money unless you have not read her work yet in which case I would recommend this since you get the 2 books for the price of one.
on 25 November 2010
I brought Belle De Jour's first book and was amazed at it - it is so nice to read something which is quite blunt and is not afraid to put things in such a modern and usually frowned down upon way. As soon as I returned from my Holiday I decided to purchase the other books in the Belle collection. I am happy that I have purchased the book as it does round of the collection nicely however, if you have read both her other books I would not recommend getting this and expect anything new. There is a chapter (rather small) at the end which is separate to both the other books but cant say that it is worth it just for that. If you have not read either of the other books I would recommend buying them separaetly - even though the second is not as good as the first they are definately worth having. On another note - I read the books before watching the television series - even though the tv series is entertaining I definately rate the books higher.
VINE VOICEon 14 March 2010
I'd heard a lot about Belle de Jour but never read any of her so I thought I'd give this (highly cynical) new compilation a try. What a massive disappointment.
One of my reasons for wanting to read it was to find out honest, no-holds-barred descriptions of what it's like to be a call girl in modern-day London. I hoped for an unflinching, non-puritanical look into that curious netherworld. And for the first 100 pages or so there are indeed some fascinating descriptions of clients and their requests. But there's not that many of them - there's also lots about her personal life with her rather vile friends and boyfriends.
The second half of the book (effectively a reprint of the second Belle books she wrote) is increasingly in this vein and increasingly unbearable. She hedonistically goes on a never-ending holiday abroad where she doesn't actually do anything. Alright for some. I started thinking: WHY THE HECK AM I READING THIS? Honestly, it's like when you see ghastly celebrities like Jordan and Peter Andre and Cheryl and Ashley Cole on the front of the Daily Star and you think: I am so glad I am not reading in detail about these awful people.
This is a shallow book of almost no literary worth. Yes she has the odd clever turn of phrase but in general her foul-mouthed arrogance and unpleasantness negates any value.
She keeps talking about 'the Boy', a literary tick I found to be on the same infuriating level as Catch 22 and its teeth-grinding Major Major and that General with the ridiculously long dash in his name. And 'the Boy' is a loathsome character. But then she is horrible too - they deserve each other! Even though he has affair after affair with other women she still goes out with him and hardly mentions it to him. What an amoral, cold strumpet she comes across as, a woman who only loves herself and money.
But why should I care? I kept thinking this as I carried on reading, increasingly furious at my time being wasted. I mean, what should you feel about a woman who says she likes it when men handle her breasts so roughly they leave marks? Weird.
I am giving this book away because I don't want it soiling my collection.
on 2 May 2014
If you have read Belles other books don't waste your money. Complete ripoff!! One ‟new‟ chapter only. Surely you can do better than this.
on 18 February 2016
Arrived on time and just as described
on 5 May 2011
... of prior offerings ...get the earlier publications for a better read, if you want to BE an escort try :
Escort Manual - A Practical Guide on How to Become an Internet Escort
on 9 May 2011
Yet another fun, fab book from Belle, great value, great condition, speedy delivery& hilarious witty story you just can't put down! Fantastic, Happy Customer! :-)
on 28 October 2015