Gone Girl
Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 September 2017
Plot: 4.5 stars; Narration: 5 stars

I really enjoyed listening to this Audiobook. I found the characters to be well written and nuanced; giving the reader/listener a portrait of a extremely dysfunctional marriage, on account of both parties. A tense and taught psychological thriller, in short, a good solid read. I thought that both narrators handled the text very naturally too.
on 16 November 2017
I initially watched the movie first before I read the book and wanted to compare the two together. I can honestly say it's a great book, I like those thriller type books they just catch a grip on me and I just get hooked in to the point where I can't put the book down, I tell my myself one more page and before you know it I've read the next chapter. Highly recommended!
on 30 October 2017
It would have been 5 stars, but the ending was a huge disappointment, just too hurried and it felt as though the author was trying not to miss a deadline. A great shame..
on 2 October 2016
I loved this book. Very unexpected ending to the story.Can't wait for the movie to come out so I can relive the story again.
on 24 October 2017
Loved this book. Brilliant twist half way through that had me unable to put the book down. V clever story.
on 18 April 2014
Everyone's read it, everyone's reviewed it.
If you haven't read it, believe me, we've all read it because it's good. My advice is read it before the film, it really can't live up to the suspense of turning out the pages and then dragging out the last quarter so it lasts just a little longer.
on 4 November 2017
This is an excellent book because it keeps you guessing and also shocks with the unexpected. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a 'gritty' read.
on 9 July 2017
Difficult to get started with this. After third attempt I really got hooked. The ending wasn't what I expected, but left open for sequel. I would recommend this to anyone who expects the unexpected.
on 5 September 2017
Gillian Flynn has produced a fantastic psychological thriller with a great story and brilliant lead characters in Nick and Amy.
A must read for any fiction lover, can't wait to watch the film.
on 12 November 2017
Product arrived well packaged and as described. Very happy.