Customer reviews

on 4 December 2010
The Kindle edition's table of contents is inadequate. Unlike the printed editions, which list the poets and their poems, there is a single entry: "THE POEMS". (There are indexes of first lines and titles, but these do not include the names of the poets or hyperlinks to the poems.) As a result, it is difficult to discover what the anthology contains.

At the time of writing, the Kindle edition is more expensive than the printed editions, so perhaps the publisher should issue a revised version with a useful table of contents.
on 15 August 2010
I am delighted with this book. The poems are a beautifully chosen mix of well-known, old and brilliantly NEW. Each one gives insight into a poet's lfe, or describes something with telling detail. I read one or two every day, and they light up my mornings.
on 4 March 2010
A perfect gift for yourself or a friend, to keep on one's bedside table and dip into before lights out. It's an eclectic mixture of poems, short enough to have been displayed on the tube train and chosen to appeal to the widest possible audience. A pleasure to have at hand and worth every penny.
on 30 June 2011
As the title tells you, this is a collection of poems displayed on the Underground , so the poems are short, or are extracts from longer ones . There's something to suit all tastes and moods : some I knew, knew well, or had heard of ; others were completely new to me. I liked this anthology because it is so compact , it's easy to take with you , and short poems are often quite thought-provoking - much meat in little space.
Thoroughly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 25 October 2010
This must be my favourite poetry anthology. There is a wonderfully wide, attractively presented selected of poems, old and new, from across the world.

It also seems to be just the right size! It's not unwieldly, yet every time I look at it, I find something new. Most recently, this was Byron's 'There Is a Pleasure in the Pathless Woods'. Beautiful! Highly recommended.
on 4 January 2017
The book is in excellent condition, looks new, am very pleased with the content, several poets I have not come across before and I have enjoyed reading their work. Thank you would definitely use this supplier again.
on 2 December 2010
I was mislead by the title. I has assumed that we would be presented with poems seen on the Underground. As I bought the book as a present I have had only a cursory glance at the contents and have the impression they are selected for reading on the Underground. The recipient may one day tell me his views!