Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 December 2013
I have read all of the series and thoroughly enjoyed them.Until recently I had a small farm myself o
in Spain, so for that reason, the content was of great interest to me
on 23 December 2013
Would recommend anybody to buy this book if they enjoy creative writing, had to use the book in one of my modules and found it useful. A good book to read and write about
on 19 September 2010
Once again Carol Drinkwater manages to conjure up the delight at the thought of living in Provence but tempers it with the intrusion of the outside world into her idyll.

Carol has returned from the travels that she undertook to write "The Olive Tree" and is struggling to fit back into her life with Michel and Appassionata. Not only has she found that "travel broadens the mind" but also that it leaves spaces and questions within you that need to be filled and answered before normal life can be resumed.

Over the course of the book we follow Carol's dream of a pesticide free Appassionata that she skillfully manages to broaden out so that parallels can be drawn with the world at large. We also learn more about her extended family and how their contribution to her life shapes her decisions.

This is the fourth book in the "trilogy" and rumour has it that an anticipated fifth installment is to be written. "Return To The Olive Farm" again demonstrates Carol's wonderful gift of storytelling that she surely gained from her previous career as an award-winning actress.

"Return To The Olive Farm" - Life and love, olive groves and bee hives!
on 8 February 2013
Had to get this to continue with the first book its still a great read and continues the story with more feeling than the first one GREAT READ both books.
on 28 March 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed it! At times it did get a little melancholy, especially towards the end, but then, I guess, we all have times like that!
on 14 April 2013
Absolutely loved it...Carols work continues to be clever funny and beautifully written plus the lovely photos to see the lay out of the land.
on 9 March 2013
Having read all the other books written in this series this book completes the story and it is good toknow the tale goes on on the farm
on 16 September 2010
This book is the first of Carol Drinkwater's that I've read. I really like this sort of book and must admit to having looked at her other books several times but never bought them. I will be rectifying this mistake soon. She is a very good writer.
There is a lovely feel to this book and it has some wonderful imagery in it. You can build up a very clear picture of what Carol and Michel are seeing and doing which adds greatly to the books appeal. The journey that they have been on both physically and mentally is well described and you almost feel like you've been on it with them.
This was a perfect book for lazy sunny days in the garden. The descriptions of France and their way of life bought something of a holiday feel to the book. It was very enjoyable.
on 4 August 2010
My copy only arrived on Monday & I haven't had much time as yet, but have just read about the party & relishing every word! Thank you Carol, please keep doing what you are doing with good health & vigour!
Already a seasoned Provencal visitor when I discovered the Olive series, I find myself re-reading the earlier books when the British weather is diabolical. Carol's word's soon evoke the warmth, light & delight of this paradise.

And only now, I see that I missed The Olive Tree! Off to buy it now! Thank you!

As an addendum to this preview, WoW! I bought this book last August, promising myself to read when in need of an 'injection' of paradise! That need arose 2 weeks ago....
What a read! As usual with Carol's books, I was immersed & addicted from page one! The skill with which Ms Drinkwater brings the pages & scenes to life is supreme. I admire her tenacity, courage & determination to evoke awareness of our planet's changes & how the not-so-
humble Olive tree may prove to be one of the answers to our world's crisis. Well done Carol & the Olive Farm.......you cured my wanderlust.....for a week or 2!
on 3 July 2014
An interesting account of Carol's dealings with people she encountered at various times since her return from her travels exploring olives. Officials and others open your eyes to the true way of French life. The reaction of them when she want to convert to organic olive growing after the loss of all a friends honey bees shows that not all ' healthy ' food is healthy. A good read and worth it if you like biographies of everyday life.