Customer reviews

on 26 September 2010
Never having seen the TV programme, I didn't know quite what to expect. I found the book a little disappointing.
on 27 April 2014
Having missed the TV series, I bought this book out of curiosity. I found it easy to read and understand. Dan has a unique way of making the subject easy for the common man to understand without talking down to us. His choice of buildings you'll may find surprising but once you've read his explanation of way they are included it will make sense... for me there are enough photos with each chapter... This book will take you to interesting places around the world read one chapter, ponder on it for a while before going on to the next. this book helps you travel in your mind, it (like a previous reviewer said), makes me want to travel to these places to see them for myself. This book should put you in the golden state of mind....
on 7 June 2009
I bought this book for my husband who is interested in architecture, and found myself reading it first! The book is written in an easy-to-understand way, and has spectacular accompanying photographs. Since buying this book I now want to visit everywhere Dan Cruickshank has!
ps - my husband loved it!
on 13 June 2008
I went to order Dan's latest book only to find Amazon isn't bothering to stock it!! It's only available via market place sellers!

I thought Amazon was supposed to be one of best book retailers, obviously standards are slipping!

Waterstones now have my money.
Wake up Amazon!!