Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 September 2013
It was with trepidation that I opened this book - I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen and her writing is so good that other authors cannot usually compare. However, I was pleasantly surprised by Mr Darcy's Diary.
Although you know from the outset what is going to happen (if you've read Pride and Prejudice), it doesn't matter and was interesting to read it again from the smouldering Mr Darcy's point of view. The characters were not exactly as I imagined them, but Maya Slater seems to have captured life in the Regency period - I liked the addition of Lord Byron - and all-in-all it was an enjoyable and easy read.
on 8 January 2013
The first chapter or so didn't feel right, and I found it hard to believe that this was Jane Austen's 'Mr Darcy', but soon I was completely captivated and couldn't stop reading. By the end the initial chapters made sense...allowing for the time and Mr Darcy's station in life. Seeing everything from his perspective didn't spoil P&P for me, but actually has enhanced it.
on 10 February 2012
This book gives a funny inside to the possible life of mr darcy and how he saw the events unfold. For a story we all know so well its nice to hear it from his point of view.
on 7 November 2008
i was really upset how the author altered the whole character of darcy,who in the original was very moral proud man. in this at first he came across as a bit sleazy yuck
on 28 October 2014
brilliant!
on 29 August 2010
ok book but boring in parts, couldnt wait to finish it and i dont mean that in a good way,
on 4 December 2015