Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 June 2017
I feel a bit mean awarding this book only 3 starts, but as much as it provides a dignified account of the band's well documented difficult history, it also lacks warmth and insight and feels at times as if it has been written by committee. By so obviously setting out not to offend anyone, Nick Mason comes across as terribly nice, but petrified to make a comment or share an anecdote about Messrs Gilmour and Waters. Indeed the two of them were asked to vet the book and no doubt it would have been a more interesting read prior to this process. At times the prose leans heavily towards the technical, explaining in great detail the recording process, use of instruments etc., which whilst fascinating to some, will leave others cold. I'd have liked more about the motivation and background of the members and how they maintained a fresh, creative approach to their craft. There is an obvious need for either Roger or David to talk, and in his wife David has the perfect biographer!
on 28 July 2017
I loved this book. I felt like I travelled back in time with Nick Mason, to times before I was born, and enjoyed every bit of it. He combines his sharp wit with an ability to bring you right into his story, and I loved being sucked into the life of one my all time favourite bands.
on 18 August 2017
I loved this actually but Nick is the least confrontational bloke ever so you won't find any dirt. Credit where credit's due though, he did make me p**s my pants laughing many, many times. Thanks Nick - top stuff.
on 28 May 2017
An excellent read (especially if you are a Floyd fan). Very good book would recommend it to anyone.
on 4 July 2017
Essential Reading for everyone who loves the Band,crammed full of little known facts,with laugh out loud anecdotes
on 24 August 2017
A great read, and Nick's droll humour underscores the pomposity of the rock business. It does make me want to read Roger Waters' autobiography should he ever decide to write it...
on 13 September 2017
Hard to get into but then it's not a novel, take your time reading it
on 18 July 2017
It all makes sense now.... well, kind of! Very interesting read!
on 18 June 2017
Gift for my dad and he loved it.
on 23 August 2017