on 25 February 2017
This is a well researched book written in a narrative style making it easy to follow a not very easy subject but it is well worth the read as well as thinking about it and the conclusions reached. We can all follow the thinking and the knowledge which the shamans have discovered. It is in us all, those little or on thinking about it not so little double helixes what exciting pathways lay before us. Sound odd? Read the amazing conclusions and feel truly awed by the connections.
on 23 November 2016
Very thought provoking book, raises question about the origins of man's close relationship with nature and the source of finding out about the medicinal properties of the vast array of plant life and the powerful "psychedelics" which may hold many properties that could help us. An easy to read book.
on 28 October 2016
Amazing book about Ayahuasca - DMT and DNA, very interesting point of view on those topics.
on 20 November 2016
For anyone interested in Shamanism this book is essential, I couldn't put it down. I read it after reading Anna Hunt's Shaman in Stilettos. There is so much to learn from Jeremy Narby's writing, all of it in lucid, clear terms and well researched. A book whose wisdom shall not dwindle.
on 30 June 2017
Absolutely amazing -- My brother and I have "summoned", or more aptly, raised our levels our consciousness to the point of seeing the helix envisioned through these spider web frequencies floating around everywhere, decoding the sky to the point where it seems like boxes/ squares like televisions. The cosmic serpent itself seemed to respond to us, though it spoke not but only understood: the clouds seemed to move and forge the answers in a sense. I came upon this book through the divine will -- aligned with synchronicity! Thank you Narby.
on 10 October 2013
A very thoroughly researched book. Half the book is references which can be a bit annoying to flick back and forth, however, since he is on such cutting edge ground-breaking thinking he has to ensure all references are fully divulged so the reader can build confidence in his theories.

His theories, by themselves, are in parts astonishing, and in parts a little "reachy". However, as his arguments progress through the book your earlier doubts begin to evaporate and you shudder with the possibility that he may be on to something deep!

A convincing read for anyone interested in Ayahuasca, medicinal plants, shamanism, DNA and scientific research. I would like to learn more about how his theory stands now, in front of our current understanding of DNA - which, as I understand, still remains very little.
on 25 August 2016
I am so glad that this book exists, the man who wrote it is wise and brave to put forewarn this hypothesis and to take the intellectual risks that he has taken.
on 3 September 2017
Science is Outpaced by holographic planet resonance, which is expanded upon by Time seeking Amazonian resident native Shamen. Enjoy the journey. RDR
on 17 June 2016
I hoped this journey for Jeremy would result in some new way medicine is used, developed and seen as. Still very interesting read.
on 4 September 2013
This book changed my view on many thing, not the least the way I look at things i don't understand. Narby is a open minded person who is not afraid to go outside of the box (and outside this world) and explore the world with his eyes and mind wide open. The book is excellent read and offers very interesting bibliography. I feel very "enhanced". Highly recommend.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse