on 19 August 2016
A concoction of trivialities, quotations and obvious statements that is not worth reading. Awfully disappointed by this book I would not recommend it. Other books in the same category are much better and have been making similar points much earlier on. If you have read self help/business classics such AS Covey's book you can definitely skip this one.
on 20 July 2017
Fantastic read and brilliant real and down to earth content. Arianna writes inspirational stuff about the third metric.I loved every chapter and resonates strongly at every page turn. You will learn heaps and identify with many of the references. Loved it.
on 3 August 2014
I recommend reading this book every day to remind ourselves about how wonderful it is to be living. Even when times are tough, Huffington reminds us that giving will increase our wellbeing. The simple act of opening our eyes each morning is a miracle and our job is to share our talents with the world.
on 21 January 2015
This is a real self help book, I enjoy reading it and it's got great tips on how to incorporate a busy life and a life that you can live and maintain.
on 24 September 2016
Good advise but boring did not finish
on 24 October 2016
Nothing special to me, a lot of research, but I got bored so I have not even finished it.
Every one of us will at some point go into wrong direction for whatever reason and everyone will find a turning point in theirs lives.
It's never too late, sometimes maybe it takes longer than expected. Have I read anything special, not really ...I don't even see a point writing such books, I do not recommend, waste of time.
on 5 December 2014
Goodness, is there nothing that this woman will not attempt to monetise? She gets a bit tired and pressured trying to juggle her family with her job. Boo hoo. Most of us suck it up and get on with it. Not dear Arianna! She sees a great opportunity to turn a quick buck PLUS get some MORE publicity. How, in that busy busy pressured life did she find the time to set pen to paper? Wish she hadn't. And wish I hadn't fallen for the PR and saved the price of the book.
on 11 April 2014
Thought provoking and easy to read. Focuses back on traditional values of living a good and happy life, rather than getting burned out by the rat-race lifestyle many of us are getting tired of. Also a fair point that if we want to create a society where women play a role at top management level, we need to create a more sustainable business culture, where people are measured and promoted according to results and not facetime or 24/7 availability. This is the only way women will ever be able and willing to combine a high-responsibility management career with bringing up a family. We are dependent on both to ensure the economic wellbeing of future generations.
on 8 February 2015
Found this a somewhat tedious and boring read, albeit the sentiment is good. Adrianna goes on and on in a droll writing style about needing to get more balance, switching off to technology etc etc. It's very obviously appropriate to a certain sector of people - those who work all hours in corporate jobs, are armed with blackberry phones and smartphones, that have little time for their children due to their careers etc etc. I also don't like the American cheesy approach, and bulk at examples of an organisation like Starbucks being held up as an example of a do-er of social good. It's more a gentle rant than anything practical. It's not that it's dreadful, more that it's just not that great or especially inspiring. Many better books on the market that are more in tune with the average busy person, and are better written.
on 1 August 2014
The reason that Arianna has more time to relax and have more time to herself is because she can write a book this short and I paid good money to read it. For someone who is a writer and an accomplished woman, this should have been a fascinating and informative read. Sadly, it lacked in any real content and to call it thin is an understatement.