Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 October 2012
Such a great book. Each story is witty and informative. An interesting factual book yet an incredibly entertaining piece of work. Definitely worth a read!
on 10 December 2012
If like me you enjoy all kinds of odd bod books full of useless bits and pieces of information that you just don't find anywhere else. I love this book, it is just completely interesting
on 3 January 2013
Excellent book, full of all those numbery things you thought you would never need to know but find out that you do (if like me you are a bit nerdy, that is). In the same vein as some of the QI books, so if you like those, you'd probably like this.
on 8 May 2013
When I bought this book, I was attracted to title 'The Secret Lives of Numbers' and the 'mysterious stories are exposed'. I didn't have any more information at the time of ordering and from the title, I presumed it would be about mystical theories and superstitions behind numbers such as with the master numbers. The book instead, gives more logical reasons for things such as: why we have a leap day, E-numbers, Gold carats, Dart-board design etc. It IS informative in it's own right (albeit briefly), but for a different reason than I was expecting and wanting :(
on 20 December 2012
Book wasn't as interesting as I'd thought it would be but there were some interesting facts, just not as good as I thought it would be
on 28 September 2015
Interesting read that you can pick up and put down
on 31 August 2014
Bought as a present and great feedback received.
on 11 February 2013
I was disappointed in this book as I expected more in depth mathematics, instead it is more a history of the everday numbers in our lives.
on 9 July 2014