on 30 June 2015
I bought 'Do It Or Ditch It!' around 6 weeks ago and within 2 days I had scoured the book from cover to cover. I absolutely love it! As a business person always looking for exciting new avenues and methods of improving my business and marketing strategies, I found this book a tremendous help. I love how the layout allows the reader to dip into relevant sections really easily for expedience of knowledge flow, but also read the book from front to back with complete enjoyment as a book in its own right.I love the 'self assessment' sections where the reader can score themselves on what type of personality they have in the leadership role and work out their own style throughout the book. The forward by 'Dragon' James Caan is also enjoyable, wise and uplifting and simply adds an extra cherry to an already very enjoyable cake!
Should you be someone who is looking to learn a lot more about yourself as a manager or leader because you feel you've grown stale/ stuck in a rut/never really had time to analyse where your strategies or business ideas are going wrong, this is definitely the book for you. Not everyone has the start-up personal finance to attend expensive pre-management courses,and this book in my opinion , is the perfect business handbook to read until someone feels comfortable with the level of managerial expertise they've achieved. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Do it! Don't Ditch it!
on 16 March 2014
This book is different from the usual range of self-development books. Where it focusses on uncompleted tasks or unfinished personal and business projects. Its basically asking you should continue on the above if its not going to make a major impact on your life. Or Should you just ditch it and concentrate on more important issues or problems that you need to solve. It also goes into quite depth in coming out of your comfort zone and goal-setting. Bev practices what she preaches!!!! Highly Recommended
on 9 August 2011
I was optimistic when I ordered this book that it would be both interesting and useful, knowing Bev James' style of delivery when training people. I was delighted to find this surpassed my expectations. I am a bit of a development junkie and have many half-read or dipped into books on my shelves. This book I have read from cover to cover and completed the suggested exercises as I went.
What makes this book different from the others is its accessibility. It is easy to read, in fact I could hear Bev's voice as I read. Any jargon is explained from the outset of the term's use; and the exercises are quick and easy to complete with a clear and obvious purpose. The message throughout (free yourself from procrastination and move forward) resonated because I had either been there, recently sorted it, or needed to do something about it. Bev encourages the reader to make positive changes in a style that is supportive. No 'blame culture', just useful, common sense advice from someone who truly understands her subject.
A must read for all managers, leaders, business owners, entrepreneurs and people who are tired of having the 'To Do' list that has the same subjects on it every time they rewrite the list!
on 18 January 2017
To all readers...Recommendable !
on 17 November 2016
good and faST
on 14 August 2016
on 7 September 2017
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 January 2016
I was gripped by this from start to finish. I'm an employee, I don't run my own business, but I still found much of value in the book. It's very fluently written and concise. Highly recommend it to anyone wanting to improve their progress in the workplace.
on 24 March 2013
Bev is a woman who knows about entrepreneurship so her advice is bound to be valuable. This book is a no nonsense guide to hellp you move forward in business.
on 11 February 2015