Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Shop now Fitbit

on 29 May 2016
Wondefrul book. I have am a scientist by education and I have just been diagnosed with breast cancer.

My tumour was 1.2cm by 1.8cm on MRI and ultrasound, between that measurement and its removal 2 weeks later, it shrunk to 0.8cm. I put that down to this book and the vegan diet recommended in it.

I have a long road ahead but just having sound scientific advice and a way that I can help myself - marginal gains- makes me feel so much more hopeful.
on 30 August 2015
A big thank you to Jane Plant for producing this informative book. I am awaiting surgery,and already feel re-assured that I am doing the best I can as I follow her program. I have cut out the milk products, replacing them with soya, and am enjoying the increased fruit and vegetable regime along with pulses, beans,nuts and seeds. I have more energy, and I have lost a little weight. At 72 that is a definite plus.
on 9 July 2017
Every woman should have a copy of this in their book case for the good of their health.
on 19 July 2013
my uncle followed this advice after being given a 10 to 15% chance of surviving cancer. He did and he is alive at 74!!!!!I read this book without knowing this info about my uncle but after talking to hi m I was convinced!!! I gave up meat first and my IBS OF 30 YRS STOPPED!!!!! This kind of reaction can not be ignored!!!!!
on 6 April 2017
Excellent.
on 14 January 2013
All women should read this book. For their own sake, but also for all their daughters and female friends. To be informed is half the cure and prevention. Please don't remain ignorant. This book is far better than all the sponsored runs and fund raising...Give women real information not sympathy.
on 14 January 2014
When I was suffering from breast cancer some years ago I found this book to be very helpful and informative. It helped me through my treatment and eight years later I still follow Professor Plant's advice. Every woman who finds herself in this position should read this book, and perhaps if more women who are clear followed the diet advice then we might see a reduction in the numbers getting this awful disease in the first place. Who knows!
on 31 May 2009
This book is a fantastic resource for all women whether you have problems with breast cancer, lumps or hormone imbalances. If you read it then you cant fail to be moved into action. I have drastically reduced my dairy intake. I buy this book every time I see it on amazon at a good price because as women we always hear of someone who is going through breast lumps or cancer situations and many doctors advice is "Just go and live your life there is nothing you can do, dont worry!"
I always tell people about this book and if I have a spare one will lend it out, although I dont always get it returned, I dont care, just as long as the knowledge in there is spread to others.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough especially the chapter on the Third Strawberry effect.

If you are in an actual cancer treatment or follow up situation this book is a must as the writer has survived 5 or 6 recurring cancers before she came upon the link between dairy products and breast cancer in women. It is a practical advice not to be missed.
on 19 February 2001
Jane Plant's message isn't just for those already with this pernicious disease but also for all women who care about taking care of themselves and living to see their offspring grown. There has to be a lot of food for thought in her proposals , even if they seem a bit radical when you don't have cancer , but a life-belt if you do . Incidentally , to those who disparaged her motives so roundly - having just met her I can inform you that no proceeds go to the author but everything goes to a charitable trust set up to further breast cancer research. So - could it be that the disparagers have a vested interest in their put- down, like a connection with a drugs company?
on 8 January 2001
I read this book because I have breast cancer for the second time. I am currently being treated in the exact same way, as a relative of mine (in-law) was 10 years ago, despite all the money that is being invested in cancer research... When I ask the doctors: "How did I get this?" and "What can I do to prevent it from coming back? " they cannot give me any answers. Are these the medical experts in whose hands I have to put my life? I don't think that Prof. Plant wrote this book to make money. I believe she wrote it because we all have a right to know. And I for one am grateful. Thank you Prof. Plant for putting me back in control!